Provision of the Silsila/burnt vamps question

5 vues

legbiter

non lue,
18 juil. 2001, 08:27:5118/07/2001
Can you fill up from the Provision if you BURN the opposing vampire as
opposed to sticking it in torpor? Sorry if this is a dumb question [i
think from card text that the answer is Yes], but i've been wrestling
with the problem that when the opposing vamp burns so, automatically,
does the contract, so it could be argued that you can't fulfill the
card instructions because you can't burn the contract AGAIN.

James Coupe

non lue,
18 juil. 2001, 08:35:0918/07/2001
In message <68f2e9f8.01071...@posting.google.com>, legbiter
<legb...@my-deja.com> writes

>Can you fill up from the Provision if you BURN the opposing vampire as
>opposed to sticking it in torpor? Sorry if this is a dumb question [i
>think from card text that the answer is Yes]

Yes, it's no longer ready.

>, but i've been wrestling
>with the problem that when the opposing vamp burns so, automatically,
>does the contract, so it could be argued that you can't fulfill the
>card instructions because you can't burn the contract AGAIN.

Nope. You're effectively playing it as you burn it, basically.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

non lue,
18 juil. 2001, 13:28:5618/07/2001
legb...@my-deja.com (legbiter) wrote:
>Can you fill up from the Provision if you BURN the opposing vampire as
>opposed to sticking it in torpor? Sorry if this is a dumb question [i
>think from card text that the answer is Yes], but i've been wrestling

>with the problem that when the opposing vamp burns so, automatically,
>does the contract, so it could be argued that you can't fulfill the
>card instructions because you can't burn the contract AGAIN.

Yes. You don't have to burn the contract "to" fill up. You simply fill
up and burn the contract. Similar situations can be developed using
Bauble.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message