stupid question?

39 vues

Jan Willem Wijsman

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999
Hello all,
What happens when my vampire goes to torpor after combat with my
opponent's vampire, and my opponent plays hidden lurker with another
vampire?
Obviously there is no combat, but is there an opportunity to commit
diablerie?
If there isn't, I think it would be a good idea to make an errata on
hidden lurker ( and fast reaction ) to make it possible.

James Coupe

In article <36F3C8...@wxs.nl>, Jan Willem Wijsman
<jw.wi...@wxs.nl> writes

>Hello all,
>What happens when my vampire goes to torpor after combat with my
>opponent's vampire, and my opponent plays hidden lurker with another
>vampire?

I don't know if you can play it, being as the vampire is in torpor.
Assuming you can....

>Obviously there is no combat, but is there an opportunity to commit
>diablerie?

Current errata:

Is an action modifier played by a vampire other than the acting vampire.
Card text: "Usable only by an untapped vampire other than the acting
minion after the acting minion is blocked and combat is over. Tap this
vampire. This vampire now enters combat with the blocking minion. The
first round of combat, the blocking minion cannot use any strikes.
Superior: As above, but with an optional press." [RTR 960530]

Nothing about diablerie there.

>If there isn't, I think it would be a good idea to make an errata on
>hidden lurker ( and fast reaction ) to make it possible.

It would make the cards too useful, and would not provide the
opportunity to block the diablerie as a normal action would.

--
James Coupe (Prince of Mercia, England)

Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
http://madnessnetwork.hexagon.net http://www.obeah.demon.co.uk

LSJ

non lue,
22 mars 1999, 03:00:0022/03/1999
James Coupe wrote:
> Jan Willem Wijsman <jw.wi...@wxs.nl> writes
> >What happens when my vampire goes to torpor after combat with my
> >opponent's vampire, and my opponent plays hidden lurker with another
> >vampire?
>
> I don't know if you can play it, being as the vampire is in torpor.
> Assuming you can....

You can. Unlike Psyche!, Hidden Lurker doesn't specify that the would-be
combatant must be ready.

> >Obviously there is no combat, but is there an opportunity to commit
> >diablerie?

[snip]

No. As James said, (errata'ed) card text doesn't specify any diablerie option.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:

Octavio Benedi

non lue,
24 avr. 1999, 03:00:0024/04/1999
There is no question. I think.
Because hidden lurker :

Usable only by an untapped vampire other than the acting
minion after the acting minion is blocked and combat is over. Tap this
vampire. This vampire now enters combat with the blocking minion. The
first round of combat, the blocking minion cannot use any strikes.
Superior: As above, but with an optional press

You can't enter in combat with a vampire in torpor, so you cannot play
hidden lurker with a vampire in torpor

James Coupe

non lue,
25 avr. 1999, 03:00:0025/04/1999
In article <7fqsli$pk6$1...@diana.bcn.ttd.net>, Octavio Benedi
<octavi...@oem.es> writes

> You can't enter in combat with a vampire in torpor, so you cannot play
>hidden lurker with a vampire in torpor

LSJ already addressed this point over a month ago, and ruled the other
way.

LSJ

non lue,
26 avr. 1999, 03:00:0026/04/1999
James Coupe <ve...@obeah.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <7fqsli$pk6$1...@diana.bcn.ttd.net>, Octavio Benedi
> <octavi...@oem.es> writes
> > You can't enter in combat with a vampire in torpor, so you cannot play
> >hidden lurker with a vampire in torpor
>
> LSJ already addressed this point over a month ago, and ruled the other
> way.

I ruled that you could play Hidden Lurker even if the "vitcim" (the original
blocker) was no longer ready (no combat would occur, though, since the
"victim" is not ready).
http://www.dejanews.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=457551428

But a vampire in torpor cannot play Hidden Lurker (which may be what Octavio
was trying to say - I'm not sure). Torporous vampires can only play action
modifiers when they are acting - they cannot modify the actions of other
minions.

--
LSJ (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.

Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:
http://www.wizards.com/VTES/VTES_Rules.html

Lionel Panhaleux

non lue,
18 mars 2020, 13:08:2018/03/2020