Sniper Rifle\Horrid Reality

0 vue

Michael Bradley

non lue,
30 juin 2001, 09:53:3830/06/2001
I don't have both cards to hand, but can you
Horrid Reality a Sniper Rifle into play after a successful
block and still automatically select long range?
I don't know if you can.
Does the Rifle's effect happen even before the Establish
Range step? Obviously it isn't a conventional weapon-maneuver.
Still, if you could, you could whip up a free disposable
Sniper Rifle, boosted with Mass Reality, and whack on Dragon's
Breath Rounds as you didn't pay any pool for the gun anyway...

-Michael

LSJ

non lue,
30 juin 2001, 15:26:2330/06/2001
Michael Bradley wrote:

> I don't have both cards to hand, but can you
> Horrid Reality a Sniper Rifle into play after a successful
> block and still automatically select long range?
> I don't know if you can.

No. Card text: "if the bearer /blocks/ an action..." (emphasis mine).

> Does the Rifle's effect happen even before the Establish
> Range step? Obviously it isn't a conventional weapon-maneuver.

Yes. Set-range happens before maneuvering.

> Still, if you could, you could whip up a free disposable
> Sniper Rifle, boosted with Mass Reality, and whack on Dragon's
> Breath Rounds as you didn't pay any pool for the gun anyway...

You can do that anyhow - you just have to worry about being at
close range.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message