Gehenna deck

26 vues

Julien Moisy

non lue,
21 mai 2004, 10:51:4721/05/2004
What do you think of this ?

Crypte :
30 Jacob

Library :
30 Magic of the smith
2 Soul gem of Etrius
29 Vial of Elder Vitae
29 Force of will

Julien M.

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
21 mai 2004, 10:59:4121/05/2004

"Julien Moisy" <julien...@caverne-du-gobelin.com> wrote in message
news:sj5sa01cdb3ppugi0...@4ax.com...

Cute!

It does cost 29 pool (+2 for the first Jacob) to bleed for 58, though...
on the other hand, barring bad luck (meaning a hand without a piece of
the combo), you could bleed for 58 as early as your second turn, much of
the time. On the other other hand, once you've done that you'll never
do anything else, and you can't oust two people with that, probably
(though you can almost certainly oust one).

Oh wait, you can't do it until your third turn, you need to Magic for
Soul Gem first. That probably still means you can oust one person, but
still probably not two, I'd think.

Josh

guess nobody thought of that one in playtest...

Colin Riggs

non lue,
21 mai 2004, 11:59:3421/05/2004

"Joshua Duffin" <duff...@bls.gov> wrote in message

I disagree. If you wanted to do it and oust people, you would wait for the
5th or 6th turn, depending on how much pool you were losing. You wouldn't
bring out Jacob until the turn before you were going to use him. People
would spend an average of 10-15 pool, giving you a shot at 3 vps. Oh and if
someone blocks you and doesn't strike hands Jacob won't burn, but go to
torpor right?

Also you need to equip the first Vial from your hand or wait 2 turns after a
hunt.

The real problem with the deck are the odds of getting stuck with out 1 card
of the combo, the odds seem pretty good that you'll be screwed at some
point.

You could try a 1 stealth version where you only have 12 Magics, that should
be enough to draw one in the opening hand. You could make up the room with
Ascendence or anarch revolt, Life in the City would help, as would a good
number of daring the dawns.

Any further optimizing to be done?

Colin Riggs

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
21 mai 2004, 12:03:4221/05/2004
Julien Moisy wrote:

Sweet! Too bad that the Vial costs a pool, though.

--Colin McGuigan

Nikolaj Wendt

non lue,
21 mai 2004, 13:43:1521/05/2004
"Joshua Duffin" <duff...@bls.gov> wrote in message news:<2h6jquF...@uni-berlin.de>...

Hehe.. i had the same idea, but there are some problems. You cant
retrieve equipment from your hand with mots, and assuming you draw
some vials through the game you will have to equip them the good ol'
way, which will be a problem since you will still be at 2 blood and
therefore not burn with the force of will.

If people block your force of will and can avoid damaging you in the
combat (which practically any deck with combat cards can) you will
only go to torpor. And you will never get out of there.

If you equip with the vial from your hand, you will need a daring on
your bleed to burn from the fow.

i would replace alot of the mots with daring the dawn, to ensure that
you actually burn when bleeding. Ho to solve the stealth problem on
your equip actions is a whole other matter.

The idea has potential, but the deck as it is here wont take any vp's.
(If the other people at the table has just a bit of sense)

Nikolaj Wendt

Ben Swainbank

non lue,
21 mai 2004, 14:01:4021/05/2004
Julien Moisy <julien...@caverne-du-gobelin.com> wrote in message news:<sj5sa01cdb3ppugi0...@4ax.com>...

Very cute. And mostly broken. Although if Jacob gets blocked all the
blocker has to do is not do any damage (run away, dodge, S:ce etc...)
and then the whole thing falls flat into the torpor toilet.

-Ben Swainbank

DeanGarrison

non lue,
21 mai 2004, 20:55:0821/05/2004
bswai...@hotmail.com (Ben Swainbank) wrote in message news:<b20d2553.04052...@posting.google.com>...

Weather Control help could solve this problem...

Dean

salem

non lue,
21 mai 2004, 21:13:4721/05/2004
On 21 May 2004 11:01:40 -0700, bswai...@hotmail.com (Ben Swainbank)
scrawled:

Soul Gem of Etrius [Jyhad:R, VTES:R, CE:R]
Cardtype: Equipment

Unique equipment.
If the vampire with this equipment is burned, draw the top vampire
from your crypt. If that vampire is younger, put the Soul Gem on him
or her and move him or her to your ready region with blood from the
blood bank equal to his or her capacity; otherwise, move that vampire
to your uncontrolled region (and burn the Soul Gem). If bearer is
diablerized, the diablerizing vampire cannot take the Soul Gem.

as far as i can see, Jacob the Glitch is moved to the ready region
first (thus becoming a 6 cap), and _then_ gains blood equal to his
capacity (6). Thus burning him on a force of will becomes a hell of a
lot trickier.

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
"I like to play the field"-LSJ

Julien Moisy

non lue,
22 mai 2004, 08:52:2022/05/2004
On Sat, 22 May 2004 11:13:47 +1000, salem
<salem_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Soul Gem of Etrius [Jyhad:R, VTES:R, CE:R]
>Cardtype: Equipment
>
>Unique equipment.
>If the vampire with this equipment is burned, draw the top vampire
>from your crypt. If that vampire is younger, put the Soul Gem on him
>or her and move him or her to your ready region with blood from the
>blood bank equal to his or her capacity; otherwise, move that vampire
>to your uncontrolled region (and burn the Soul Gem). If bearer is
>diablerized, the diablerizing vampire cannot take the Soul Gem.
>

>as far as i can see, Jacob the Glitch is moved to the ready region
>first (thus becoming a 6 cap), and _then_ gains blood equal to his
>capacity (6). Thus burning him on a force of will becomes a hell of a
>lot trickier.

Yeah, maybe ... LSJ ??

Julien M.

Johannes Walch

non lue,
22 mai 2004, 12:42:1322/05/2004
> as far as i can see, Jacob the Glitch is moved to the ready region
> first (thus becoming a 6 cap), and _then_ gains blood equal to his
> capacity (6).

Agreed. But let愀 wait for the answer of the God-of-Rules LSJ.

> Thus burning him on a force of will becomes a hell of a
> lot trickier.

Or it opens door to a bunch of other exploits :-)

--
johannes walch

LSJ

non lue,
23 mai 2004, 11:35:4323/05/2004
Julien Moisy wrote:

> <salem_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>as far as i can see, Jacob the Glitch is moved to the ready region
>>first (thus becoming a 6 cap), and _then_ gains blood equal to his
>>capacity (6). Thus burning him on a force of will becomes a hell of a
>>lot trickier.
>
> Yeah, maybe ... LSJ ??

Yeah.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

bonehead

non lue,
24 mai 2004, 09:15:1024/05/2004
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<jx3sc.52599$hH.9...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> Julien Moisy wrote:
> > <salem_ch...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>as far as i can see, Jacob the Glitch is moved to the ready region
> >>first (thus becoming a 6 cap), and _then_ gains blood equal to his
> >>capacity (6). Thus burning him on a force of will becomes a hell of a
> >>lot trickier.
> >
> > Yeah, maybe ... LSJ ??
>
> Yeah.

Gains blood equal to his capacity? Why that?
Rulebook doesnt say anything about gaining blood after entering
controlled region.

Case of Tomb of Rameses: Vampires enter controlled region mostly with
only a few blood counters and didnt gain blood equal to the capacity.

Case of Banishment on a vampire with Master Discipline cards. If
Harrod enters controlled region after Banishment with a Quietus
Discipline card, he has 11 blood counters, not 12.

What is the difference in case of Jacob?

bonehead

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
24 mai 2004, 09:37:1424/05/2004
bonehead wrote:
> Gains blood equal to his capacity? Why that?
> Rulebook doesnt say anything about gaining blood after entering
> controlled region.

Reread the original setup. Card text on Soul Gem of Etrius: "If that

vampire is younger, put the Soul Gem on him or her and move him or her
to your ready region with blood from the blood bank equal to his or her

capacity..."

--Colin McGuigan

XZealot

non lue,
24 mai 2004, 09:38:2224/05/2004

"bonehead" <bone...@axelero.hu> wrote in message

It has nothing to do with Jacob and everything to do with the Soul Gem of
Etrius.

Soul Gem of Etrius [Jyhad:R, VTES:R, CE:R]
Cardtype: Equipment

Unique equipment.
If the vampire with this equipment is burned, draw the top vampire
from your crypt. If that vampire is younger, put the Soul Gem on him

or her and move him or her to your ready region with ****blood from the
blood bank equal to his or her capacity****; otherwise, move that vampire to

your uncontrolled region (and burn the Soul Gem). If bearer is diablerized,
the diablerizing vampire cannot take the Soul Gem.

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

David Wilson

non lue,
24 mai 2004, 13:39:4024/05/2004
nothing like living up to your name

bonehead

non lue,
24 mai 2004, 18:46:2624/05/2004
"David Wilson" <Wil...@vtes.org> wrote in message news:<fsqsc.424$j9....@news.itd.umich.edu>...

> nothing like living up to your name

Thank you for the answers Colin and XZealot.

And I apologize to Mr David Wilson for my silly question and
especially for my nickname. You are so intelligent. I am really really
ashamed.

0 nouveau message