Thaumaturgy Anti-For Strikes vs Ablative Skin... [LSJ]

William Pyle

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
well... I think the subject kinda explains what my question is.... this came
up in my game this weekend...

if I have already played ablative skin and have 3 counters on it, can
I use those counters to prevent the damage from, say, a blood fury?
blood fury says that this damage cannot be prevented by cards
that require fortitude.... but I'm preventing it with counters that are
already in play... granted, the counters getting into play required
fortitude, but is that the same thing?? how's it gonna be?

thanks...

Bill

Bill Pyle
(wp...@mindspring.com)

LSJ

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99

Good question.

The card is still preventing the damage. So: no.

At least, that's how the card text on the WotC spoiler list reads.

If the counters were simply placed on the minion/vampire (and the
Ablative Action card burned when the action was complete), then I
guess using the counters would be allowable to prevent damage from
<Angry> Blood.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules: