(LSJ) Referendum questions

0 vue

Dan Harting

non lue,
7 juin 2002, 20:24:3407/06/2002
The online rulebook says that action modifiers and reactions that "must
be played before terms are set" are played - like, duh - during the
chose terms phase before terms are set.

Can other modifiers and reacts - such as dread gaze - be played during
the chose terms phase before terms are set? (to influence the terms)

Business pressure is completely resolved when it is played, with
"some give and take." Does this mean that once I spend pool, that
I can spend again after another player spends?

- Dan Harting

The Lasombra

non lue,
8 juin 2002, 20:20:4908/06/2002
"Dan Harting" asked most astutely:

> The online rulebook says that action modifiers and reactions that
> "must be played before terms are set" are played - like, duh -
> during the chose terms phase before terms are set.
> Can other modifiers and reacts - such as dread gaze - be played
> during the chose terms phase before terms are set? (to influence
> the terms)

Yes.
Any time after the action is considered unblocked, you may
play reactions that are appropriate to a referendum. You may
not cast those votes for or against the referendum until the
terms are set, but you may gain those votes at any time.

[6.3.2]
The referendum consists of three steps: setting the terms,
polling (casting votes) and resolving the referendum.

Notice that gaining votes is not restricted to any of those phases,
except that you cannot do so when resolving the referendum, as that
doesn't take place until all Methuselahs agree that they are casting
no more votes.

> Business pressure is completely resolved when it is played, with
> "some give and take." Does this mean that once I spend pool, that
> I can spend again after another player spends?

Yes.
You cannot play any other action modifiers nor can other players
play reactions until the Business Pressure is resolved though.
Once it is resolved, you can play your Bewitching Oration and
Awe to gain a load of other votes to cause the pool paid by
the other Methuselahs to have been a complete waste of time.

"Each Methuselah must decide how much pool to burn for it during
the resolution of the effect. It does not give an ability for the
rest of the political action. However, there can be some give and
take during the resolution of the effect. For example, each
Methuselah can choose to burn one pool at a time as pool is
burned for votes." [RTR 19960530]

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

LSJ

non lue,
9 juin 2002, 16:57:3209/06/2002
The Lasombra wrote:

> "Dan Harting" asked most astutely:
>
> > The online rulebook says that action modifiers and reactions that
> > "must be played before terms are set" are played - like, duh -
> > during the chose terms phase before terms are set.
> > Can other modifiers and reacts - such as dread gaze - be played
> > during the chose terms phase before terms are set? (to influence
> > the terms)
>
> Yes.
> Any time after the action is considered unblocked, you may
> play reactions that are appropriate to a referendum. You may
> not cast those votes for or against the referendum until the
> terms are set, but you may gain those votes at any time.
>
> [6.3.2]
> The referendum consists of three steps: setting the terms,
> polling (casting votes) and resolving the referendum.
>
> Notice that gaining votes is not restricted to any of those phases,
> except that you cannot do so when resolving the referendum, as that
> doesn't take place until all Methuselahs agree that they are casting
> no more votes.

Correct.

> > Business pressure is completely resolved when it is played, with
> > "some give and take." Does this mean that once I spend pool, that
> > I can spend again after another player spends?
>
> Yes.
> You cannot play any other action modifiers nor can other players
> play reactions until the Business Pressure is resolved though.
> Once it is resolved, you can play your Bewitching Oration and
> Awe to gain a load of other votes to cause the pool paid by
> the other Methuselahs to have been a complete waste of time.
>
> "Each Methuselah must decide how much pool to burn for it during
> the resolution of the effect. It does not give an ability for the
> rest of the political action. However, there can be some give and
> take during the resolution of the effect. For example, each
> Methuselah can choose to burn one pool at a time as pool is
> burned for votes." [RTR 19960530]

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message