Questions...please help...

ALEX HARMON

Mar 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/25/97

Hi, just a couple of questions here:

1) Can a minion play 2 successive Seduction cards after an action?
Example: A taps to bleed and plays Seduction on B and then another
Seduction on C.

2) This may have been covered already so I'm sorry but what happens when
a vampire attempting to leave torpor gets blocked and attempts to use
Kiss of Ra? Can the vampire even use Kiss of Ra in the first place? If
so, does the blocking vampire still have the chance to diablerize?

3) Is someone allowed to play a WWEF even if the action is not directed
at them? I heard that when using a WWEF the minion using that card must
attempt to block so can this vampire then "attempt" to block reasoning
that there "might" be chance that somehow that vampire could block.

Thanks in advance...

Alex

Michael Kelly

Mar 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/25/97

ALEX HARMON wrote:

> Hi, just a couple of questions here:
>
> 1) Can a minion play 2 successive Seduction cards after an action?
> Example: A taps to bleed and plays Seduction on B and then another
> Seduction on C.

A minion may not play the same action modifier on an action.

> 2) This may have been covered already so I'm sorry but what happens when
> a vampire attempting to leave torpor gets blocked and attempts to use
> Kiss of Ra? Can the vampire even use Kiss of Ra in the first place? If
> so, does the blocking vampire still have the chance to diablerize?

Yes he can use it. The action is blocked so the vampire may be burned.
The
blocker goes to topor if it survives the blood hunt. The reason that
this
is hard to grasp is that it is counter-intuitive. Logically, if the
blocker
is sent to topor by the Kiss, how could he burn the vampire. But the
rules
and the card state otherwise. The card says "the action is blocked, and
the
blocking vampire goes to topor". Blocked...Topor. Blocked => diablarie.

> 3) Is someone allowed to play a WWEF even if the action is not directed
> at them? I heard that when using a WWEF the minion using that card must
> attempt to block so can this vampire then "attempt" to block reasoning
> that there "might" be chance that somehow that vampire could block.

Yes. That is why many feel the card is broken or at least poorly
written.
You do not have to react in any other way to the action other than to
wake.
Notice that in Sabbat the Forced Awakening card is written so that there
is a consequence to doing nothing. This is not a coincidence.

By the way, can anyone think of a reason you would want to play with a
Forced Awakening rather than a WWEF in your deck (other than art)?

> Thanks in advance...
>
> Alex

Eric Pettersen

Mar 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/25/97

Michael Kelly <michae...@lmco.com> wrote:
> By the way, can anyone think of a reason you would want to play with a
> Forced Awakening rather than a WWEF in your deck (other than art)?

You can replace the Forced Awakening immediately...
---
Eric Pettersen
pe...@diderot.ucsf.edu (NeXTmail capable)

L. Scott Johnson

Mar 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/25/97

ALEX HARMON wrote:
> 1) Can a minion play 2 successive Seduction cards after an action?
> Example: A taps to bleed and plays Seduction on B and then another
> Seduction on C.

No. Seduction is an Action Modifier. Only one of each (by card name)
can be played by a minion in a single action.

> 2) This may have been covered already so I'm sorry but what happens when
> a vampire attempting to leave torpor gets blocked and attempts to use
> Kiss of Ra? Can the vampire even use Kiss of Ra in the first place? If
> so, does the blocking vampire still have the chance to diablerize?

Yes, Kiss of Ra can be used from Torpor.
If it is used, the blocker goes to Torpor immediately.
Diablerie can only be done by a ready vampire, so the blocker will
lose his diablerie option (similar to his fate if the acting
vampire had played Blood Brother Ambush and the blocker went to
Torpor as a result of that combat).

> 3) Is someone allowed to play a WWEF even if the action is not directed
> at them? I heard that when using a WWEF the minion using that card must
> attempt to block so can this vampire then "attempt" to block reasoning
> that there "might" be chance that somehow that vampire could block.

Yes.
WwEF (and its cousin, Forced Awakening) does *not* require the awakened
vampire to attempt to block or to play another reaction card.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@regency.wizards.com)
Official VtES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.

PDB6

Mar 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/26/97

Michael Kelly wrote:
"By the way, can anyone think of a reason you would want to play with a
Forced Awakening rather than a WWEF in your deck (other than art)?"

Because you get to draw a card as soon as you play FA when you must wait
until the action is over to draw up for the WWEF. Having your hand size
reduced is a substantial disadvantage in many high hand cycle decks. (Of
course, as I don't have a FA on me, I could be remembering it wrong, but I
am fairly certain that you get to draw up imediately as opposed to WWEF.)

Peter D Bakija
PD...@aol.com

"In America, first you get the Sugar,
then you get the Power,
then you get the Women."
-Homer

xcdc...@aol.com

Mar 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/26/97

In article <33383A...@lmco.com>, Michael Kelly <michae...@lmco.com> writes:

>By the way, can anyone think of a reason you would want to play with a
>Forced Awakening rather than a WWEF in your deck (other than art)?
>

>> Thanks in advance...
>>
>> Alex

With Forced Awakening you get to replace it right away. This can be infinitely useful if your playing the right kindo of deck. Then again, a little Fragment Book of Nod and WWEF beats that hands down.

Chance

Chance
"If you think you can, you're right. If you think you can't, you're right!" -- Henry Ford

Ma...@worldcom.com

Mar 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/26/97

A friend of mine is looking for a Fragment of the book of Nod card. How
much do they go for?

Also. I am currently running a Nosferatu Deck. High in Obfuscate,
Animalism, and Potence.
Are there any cards that are ESSENTIAL to a deck like this, so I know what
to look for?
9 times out of 10 my prey is a Tremere Prey deck heavy in Dominate and
Theumatargy.

Thanks y'all

Matt

L. Scott Johnson

Mar 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/27/97

salem christ.... (k940...@spamtrap.bohm.anu.edu.au) wrote:

: ALEX HARMON wrote:
: >
: > Hi, just a couple of questions here:
: >
: > 1) Can a minion play 2 successive Seduction cards after an action?

: > Example: A taps to bleed and plays Seduction on B and then another
: > Seduction on C.

: one action modifier per minion per action. so no.

"One of each action modifier per minion per action" - a minion
may play more than one action modifier on a single action, but
not two of the *same* action modifier.

Michael Kelly

Mar 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/27/97

Immortal Grapple. Hidden Lurker. Scorpion Sting. Maneuver/Press cards
Good support cards include many of the animalism retainers, Pulled
Fangs,
Taste of Vitae, and Storm Sewers.

Tremere are excellent at second round and ranged combat. If you can keep
it to
close range, keep him from dodging, and prevent it from going to 2
rounds you
will win. You will want to do massive damage in a single strike in case
you face
a blurring Brujah. So Potence cards like Fists of Death, Undead
Strength, and
Torn Signpost all stack. There are also a number of cards from the newer
sets which will also stack with this combo or replace part of it:
Burning Wrath, Increased Strength, Carrion Crows, Decapitate, Disarm,
Fire in the Blood, Twisting the Knife.

A good blow would be
FoD + TS + US + IS + CC = 10 points of damage + Pulled Fangs