Form of Mist Timing Question

3 vues

bswai...@gmail.com

non lue,
26 août 2004, 10:28:5826/08/2004
If I play Form of Mist at supperior when do I have to decide if I'm
going to play my blood and continue?

Do I have to pay (or not) as I play the strike? As the strike
resolves?
Can I decide after combat? After combat and after my opponent
does't play Psyche or Cats Guidance?

-Ben Swainbank

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
26 août 2004, 11:13:1926/08/2004
bswai...@hotmial.com wrote:

> If I play Form of Mist at supperior when do I have to decide if I'm
> going to play my blood and continue?
>
> Do I have to pay (or not) as I play the strike? As the strike
> resolves?

The blood for Form of Mist can be paid as an after combat effect.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3FC0DCE0.7010402%40white-wolf.com

> Can I decide after combat?

Yes.

> After combat and after my opponent
> does't play Psyche or Cats Guidance?

No. As the acting minion, you can play your effects first. If you pass
and your opponent plays an effect, then you can play another one, but if
you pass and your opponent passes, you're SOL.

And Psyche! still beats FoM.

--Colin McGuigan

LSJ

non lue,
26 août 2004, 11:24:2126/08/2004
"bswai...@hotmial.com" <bswai...@gmail.com> wrote in message

After combat.
After Psyche! window.
Before Cats' Guidance window.

Google: "Mist choose author:LSJ"

V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

Darby Keeney

non lue,
26 août 2004, 16:24:0826/08/2004
bswai...@gmail.com (bswai...@hotmial.com) wrote in message news:<3a75f66d.04082...@posting.google.com>...

> If I play Form of Mist at supperior when do I have to decide if I'm
> going to play my blood and continue?

> -Ben Swainbank

Heya Ben.

As with most other combat cards and action modifiers, you pay all
blood costs and make all decisions required as the card is played.
Exceptions may arise from card text, or phase requirements for effects
from a card (e.g., the press from Flash at [CEL]), but that does not
apply with FoM at [PRO].

The blocking minion has the option to Cat's Guidance at [ani] after
the first combat is finished - which is after you have already made
your choice during the combat.

Of course, the good news is that the blocker is restricted from
playing another Cat's Guidance at [ANI] for the intercept needed to
catch your newly stealth-enchanced action.

Regards,
Darby

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
26 août 2004, 17:15:1926/08/2004
Darby Keeney wrote:
> As with most other combat cards and action modifiers, you pay all
> blood costs and make all decisions required as the card is played.

That's true, but when the card text is along the lines of, "This vampire
may...", then that decision can be put off till a later point.

Eg, superior Chiropterean Marauder. You can play it at the beginning of
the round, but hold off on paying the blood until, eg, just before
strike resolution.

--Colin McGuigan

LSJ

non lue,
27 août 2004, 08:28:2127/08/2004
"Colin McGuigan" <magu...@BGONEspeakeasy.net> wrote in message

Unless otherwise noted on the card, the effect only applies during
resolution. Chiropteran Marauder (superior) can be played at any time and
the vampire may choose not to pay, but he may choose to pay only at the
time the card is played.

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
27 août 2004, 09:23:2227/08/2004
LSJ wrote:
> Unless otherwise noted on the card, the effect only applies during
> resolution. Chiropteran Marauder (superior) can be played at any time and
> the vampire may choose not to pay, but he may choose to pay only at the
> time the card is played.

Oooooh, then li'l Emmit Svenson is wrong, wrong, wrong!

How come the choose-to-pay on Form of Mist can wait until after combat,
then, instead of being made when the strike resolves?

--Colin McGuigan

LSJ

non lue,
27 août 2004, 10:22:4127/08/2004

> How come the choose-to-pay on Form of Mist can wait until after combat,
> then, instead of being made when the strike resolves?

Continuing the action after combat ends is part of the resolution.

Darby Keeney

non lue,
27 août 2004, 10:46:0127/08/2004
Colin McGuigan <magu...@BGONEspeakeasy.net> wrote in message news:<ZN2dnQumXrt...@speakeasy.net>...

> Darby Keeney wrote:
> > As with most other combat cards and action modifiers, you pay all
> > blood costs and make all decisions required as the card is played.
>
> That's true, but when the card text is along the lines of, "This vampire
> may...", then that decision can be put off till a later point.
>
> --Colin McGuigan

Egad.

Someday, I'll learn to keep my mouth shut (though having put my foot
in it, I guess I won't forget this ruling).

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
27 août 2004, 11:14:2127/08/2004
Darby Keeney wrote:
> Egad.
>
> Someday, I'll learn to keep my mouth shut (though having put my foot
> in it, I guess I won't forget this ruling).

S'ok. While you were wrong on FoM, I was wrong in my correction of you,
so maybe it's a lesson we'll both learn. =P

--Colin McGuigan

0 nouveau message