Q for LSJ and - Praxis Seizure: Toronto

LSJ

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

On VTES-L, Dave Stevers <daves...@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> To LSJ,
> I just need to have a few rulings confirmed.
> -Can Change of target be used immediately after a Kiss of Ra?

No. The action is blocked (by Kiss of Ra), meaning the action is
unsuccessful. The acting minion is not blocked (meaning: is not
intercepted), which is required for Change of Target.

> -When someone wants to block a +1 stealth bleed action directed at
> another Meth. with a 2nd. T. and an Eagles Sight, do they have to Wake
> to be able to play the Eagle's or can they just 2nd. and then
> Eagle?

They have to wake. They cannot just play 2nd tradition, since they
are not capable of blocking at that time, so they do not need the
intercept.

> -Does Derange make a Camarilla vampire a Sabbat vampire? (For things
> like Protect Thine Own)

Yes. Any time a vampire changes clan to a clan of a different sect,
his sect changes to the new clan's sect.

> -Can a Malkavian Freak drive after performing an action out of turn
> using the Madness Network? And is it true that you can play action
> and Action Modifiers when taking actions using the Network? I assume
> that you can't use reaction cards when taking actions with the Network.

All true.

> -Can "stolen" blood be used to heal aggravated damage?

Yes.

> -For Brujah Debate, if more than 1 Brujah is your eldest vampire, do you
> tap just one or all?

Just one.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com)
Official VtES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.

PDB6

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

LSJ wrote:
"> -Can a Malkavian Freak drive after performing an action out of turn
> using the Madness Network? And is it true that you can play action
> and Action Modifiers when taking actions using the Network? I assume
> that you can't use reaction cards when taking actions with the Network.

All true."

Wha? I have constantly been under the impression that a Malkavian taking an
action via the Madness Network could not play any action modifier cards,
because it was not actually the turn of the player who was taking the action.
Has this changed?

Peter D Bakija
PD...@aol.com

"What's his number? Oh yeah.
1-800-I'm Dating a Skanky Ho."
-Willow

LSJ

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

In article <19980225035...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,

pd...@aol.com (PDB6) wrote:

> LSJ wrote:
> "> -Can a Malkavian Freak drive after performing an action out of turn
> > using the Madness Network? And is it true that you can play action
> > and Action Modifiers when taking actions using the Network? I assume
> > that you can't use reaction cards when taking actions with the Network.
>
> All true."
>
> Wha? I have constantly been under the impression that a Malkavian taking an
> action via the Madness Network could not play any action modifier cards,
> because it was not actually the turn of the player who was taking the
action.
> Has this changed?

Yes. The old ruling was reversed in RTR 970630.

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com)
Official VtES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
(*) - Subject to review by Rules Team

Michael Beer

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

PDB6 wrote:

> LSJ wrote:
> "> -Can a Malkavian Freak drive after performing an action out of turn
>
> > using the Madness Network? And is it true that you can play action
> > and Action Modifiers when taking actions using the Network? I
> assume
> > that you can't use reaction cards when taking actions with the
> Network.
>
> All true."
>
> Wha? I have constantly been under the impression that a Malkavian
> taking an
> action via the Madness Network could not play any action modifier
> cards,
> because it was not actually the turn of the player who was taking the
> action.
> Has this changed?

Yep. Obviously. Now Malks with Protean & Homunculus and a Clan
Impersonated Masika (to Malkavian) are now the new standard of Horror
Bleeders.

Every turn of EVERY Methusalah in the game your prey gets bled by HUGE
amounts of Pool with all bleed actions and modifiers one can only dream
of.

1 turn to oust prey, 1 turn to 5th trad all vamps. Next one.

I pray they don't scratch the burn option of Malkavian Network. (When
you meet this deck regulary, you will be quite happy that Malkavian
Dementia exists - whether you like Clan Hosers or not)

Michael Beer

Richard D. Zopf

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Michael Beer <Mi...@leila.ping.de> wrote:

>Yep. Obviously. Now Malks with Protean & Homunculus and a Clan
>Impersonated Masika (to Malkavian) are now the new standard of Horror
>Bleeders.

A similar deck to this concept did very well in Crusade: Boston. The
player (Dan Frey) was, I think, as shocked as anyone at how effective
it was. The only things he really lacked was a fast method of getting
out Masika, and a reliable draw of MadNet. It's a thing of beauty to
watch, though, when it gets going. True Malkavian genius at work...

Regards,
R. David Zopf
guenh...@mindspring.com
Atom Weaver & V:EKN Prince of Boston