Vast Wealth

3 vues

Fakie

non lue,
9 août 2001, 12:31:1109/08/2001
If you search the library by Vast Wealth, have you got to show your
cards to the other players?
If NO, how is it controlled, that the player really takes the FIRST
piece of equipment he finds.

Thanks, Fakie

Derek Ray

non lue,
9 août 2001, 12:39:1109/08/2001
On 9 Aug 2001 09:31:11 -0700, 2fa...@gmx.net (Fakie) wrote:

>If you search the library by Vast Wealth, have you got to show your
>cards to the other players?

Nope.

>If NO, how is it controlled, that the player really takes the FIRST
>piece of equipment he finds.

It is generally assumed that people are to some degree honorable. Any
players who are later found to NOT be so can be quietly redirected back
over to the M4g1c!!! section of the room.

As usual, if there's a worry in a tournament, summon the judge.

If there's a worry in your local playgroup, you may wish to reconsider
exactly who you're playing with.

-- Derek

"You should rush your predator this turn."
"Why?"
"Because he's not me."

LSJ

non lue,
9 août 2001, 12:43:5809/08/2001
Fakie wrote:

> If you search the library by Vast Wealth, have you got to show your
> cards to the other players?

No.

> If NO, how is it controlled, that the player really takes the FIRST
> piece of equipment he finds.

Same as superior Govern the Unaligned:

If you have a judge, have the judge "control" it. If not, be sure you
play with people who don't cheat.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Halcyan 2

non lue,
9 août 2001, 15:03:1009/08/2001
>> If NO, how is it controlled, that the player really takes the FIRST
>> piece of equipment he finds.
>
>Same as superior Govern the Unaligned:
>
>If you have a judge, have the judge "control" it. If not, be sure you
>play with people who don't cheat.

But I do think it's a bit harder to catch someone cheating with Vast Wealth.

With Govern the Unaligned, you're most likely going to bring out that vampire
and then everyone can see the capacity.

With Vast Wealth, you get to shuffle afterwards which means you can cover your
tracks. Unless they summon the judge immediately, you'll be able to destroy all
the evidence...

Let's just hope for the honor system! =)

Halcyan 2

Noal McDonald

non lue,
9 août 2001, 19:07:5109/08/2001
Halcyan 2 wrote:
> With Vast Wealth, you get to shuffle afterwards which means you can cover your
> tracks. Unless they summon the judge immediately, you'll be able to destroy all
> the evidence...

Typically, Vast Wealth decks tend to use multiple copies of the same
equipment so it doesn't really matter which copy they get as knowing how
deep card X is buried won't help them once the deck gets shuffled.

Regards,
Noal

Halcyan 2

non lue,
10 août 2001, 01:19:3310/08/2001

But if they have multiple types of equipment and they're willing to take the
chance, they can pretty much go for whatever they want.

See you have 5 .44's, 5 Leather Jackets, 5 Flame Throwers, and 5 Ivory Bows
(just making stuff up). Since I don't have to show the cards in my library,
when I use Vast Wealth, I can "pretend" that the .44's and Leather Jackets
aren't equipment and keep looking through until I find the Ivory Bow which is
what I need right now. Vast Wealth pretty much gets to function as a Magic of
the Smith (where you get to choose what you get)...

Halcyan 2

0 nouveau message