Referendum Q

1 vue

guntherbl

non lue,
30 oct. 2000, 17:27:0930/10/2000
I'd like to know how the vote counting during a referendum exactly
happens during official games:
Do players first declare the vote coming from their ready vampires and
then play the (eventual) political cards (and Edge) to gain extra votes
or it can be done in any order?
Is it possible to declare votes from your vampires, wait to see what
other players do and then play the eventual vote from a political card or
shall you play all your votes in a single declaration?

And how does the "Charming Lobby" action exactly works?

Thank you.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Halcyan 2

non lue,
30 oct. 2000, 18:27:2930/10/2000
>And how does the "Charming Lobby" action exactly works?

Yeah, I'm also curious about this. To expand it, how do cards like Charming
Lobby, Cryptic Rider, and Malkavian Rider Clause work? If the vote is
automatically successful, do you still even cast votes? Or do you just skip
that step?

Halcyan 2

X_Ze...@email.msn.com

non lue,
30 oct. 2000, 19:08:5930/10/2000
In article <20001030182729...@ng-ch1.aol.com>,

(Refering to the referendum after playing a succesful Charming Lobby,
Cryptic Rider, or Malkavian Rider Clause) The referendum automatically
passes. There is no counting votes. Also, since there is no counting
of votes Voter Captivation may not be played.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown Jr.
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

LSJ

non lue,
30 oct. 2000, 23:50:4530/10/2000
guntherbl <gunt...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I'd like to know how the vote counting during a referendum exactly
> happens during official games:
> Do players first declare the vote coming from their ready vampires and
> then play the (eventual) political cards (and Edge) to gain extra
> votes or it can be done in any order?

Any order.

> Is it possible to declare votes from your vampires, wait to see what
> other players do and then play the eventual vote from a political card
> or shall you play all your votes in a single declaration?

Wait and see is fine.

> And how does the "Charming Lobby" action exactly works?

Play the card, tap the acting vampire, announce the referendum
to be called (by name).

If unblocked, play the political action card (if any) required
for the referendum, conduct the referendum.

If it passes, then the next referendum called by any vampire
(on any turn, by any Methuselah) passes automatically.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Ian Lee

non lue,
31 oct. 2000, 01:16:4031/10/2000
>> And how does the "Charming Lobby" action exactly works?
>
>Play the card, tap the acting vampire, announce the referendum
>to be called (by name).

We had a situation recently where someone played Charming Lobby with no
possible referendum to call, that is no political action in hand and no card in
play which allowed for a political action.

Is this legal - playing CL in the first place?

If so, should one assume that if there is no referendum to name that no
referendum is named? IOW, you don't name something you don't have?

LSJ

non lue,
31 oct. 2000, 07:38:2231/10/2000
cur...@aol.com (Ian Lee) wrote:
> >> And how does the "Charming Lobby" action exactly works?
> >Play the card, tap the acting vampire, announce the referendum
> >to be called (by name).
>
> We had a situation recently where someone played Charming Lobby with
> no possible referendum to call, that is no political action in hand
> and no card in play which allowed for a political action.
>
> Is this legal - playing CL in the first place?

No. You cannot play a card that chooses/names/targets/selects
something when the appropriate target doesn't exist.

Petri Wessman

non lue,
31 oct. 2000, 12:44:4631/10/2000
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:38:22 GMT, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> said:

>> >Play the card, tap the acting vampire, announce the referendum
>> >to be called (by name).
>>
>> We had a situation recently where someone played Charming Lobby with
>> no possible referendum to call, that is no political action in hand
>> and no card in play which allowed for a political action.
>>
>> Is this legal - playing CL in the first place?

LSJ> No. You cannot play a card that chooses/names/targets/selects
LSJ> something when the appropriate target doesn't exist.

While we're on the subject, one thing I'm not 100% sure on: can you
call a vote that affects something that isn't in play (Peace
Treaty with no weapons, for example)? The votes that clearly say
"choose X" are afaik prohibited when X isn't available, but what about
more general effects?

//Petri

LSJ

non lue,
31 oct. 2000, 13:09:5531/10/2000
Petri Wessman wrote:
> LSJ> No. You cannot play a card that chooses/names/targets/selects
> LSJ> something when the appropriate target doesn't exist.
>
> While we're on the subject, one thing I'm not 100% sure on: can you
> call a vote that affects something that isn't in play (Peace
> Treaty with no weapons, for example)? The votes that clearly say
> "choose X" are afaik prohibited when X isn't available, but what about
> more general effects?

"Burn all X" should be satisfied even if "all X" is none, so you should
be able to call Peace Treaty even if there are no weapons in play.

I'll put this on the list for RT review.

Reyda

non lue,
31 oct. 2000, 21:38:5931/10/2000

> > And how does the "Charming Lobby" action exactly works?
>
> Play the card, tap the acting vampire, announce the referendum
> to be called (by name).
>
> If unblocked, play the political action card (if any) required
> for the referendum, conduct the referendum.
>
> If it passes, then the next referendum called by any vampire
> (on any turn, by any Methuselah) passes automatically.

Hey, Mr LSJ ! I don't understand ! I play Charming lobby, my second
referndum gets intercepted. If I'm not able to call a referendum during my
turn, then my prey will benefit the "referendum passes automatically" effect
to, says, burn my Elysium ? something sounds wrong !!

reyda

LSJ

non lue,
1 nov. 2000, 08:09:1201/11/2000

You've got it - nothing wrong there.

[RTR 09-NOV-1994]:
Charming Lobby:
Allows the next vote to pass automatically, regardless
of what the vote is for, or who calls the vote.

cantila

non lue,
1 nov. 2000, 08:17:1301/11/2000
In article <8tp4ll$p8p$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> > > Play the card, tap the acting vampire, announce the referendum
> > > to be called (by name).
> > >
> > > If unblocked, play the political action card (if any) required
> > > for the referendum, conduct the referendum.
> > >
> > > If it passes, then the next referendum called by any vampire
> > > (on any turn, by any Methuselah) passes automatically.
> >
> > Hey, Mr LSJ ! I don't understand ! I play Charming lobby, my second
> > referndum gets intercepted. If I'm not able to call a referendum
> > during my turn, then my prey will benefit the "referendum passes
> > automatically" effect to, says, burn my Elysium ? something sounds
> > wrong !!
>
> You've got it - nothing wrong there.
>
> [RTR 09-NOV-1994]:
> Charming Lobby:
> Allows the next vote to pass automatically, regardless
> of what the vote is for, or who calls the vote.

But bloodhunts aren't included are they? (TOM 19950921)

James Coupe

non lue,
1 nov. 2000, 09:02:3701/11/2000
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, cantila wrote:
> > [RTR 09-NOV-1994]:
> > Charming Lobby:
> > Allows the next vote to pass automatically, regardless
> > of what the vote is for, or who calls the vote.
> >

> But bloodhunts aren't included are they? (TOM 19950921)

No, because by the terminology we use, Blood Hunts are a referendum, not a
vote (which tends to be synonymous with Political Action now).

--
James Coupe | PGP Key 0x5D623D5D
"And all the while I'm thinking things that I can never share with him.

LSJ

non lue,
1 nov. 2000, 08:40:5101/11/2000
cantila wrote:

> But bloodhunts aren't included are they? (TOM 19950921)

?
You seem to have the answer already.

Blood Hunts are not called "by a vampire", so do not qualify
for Charming Lobby's effect.

0 nouveau message