Ammo vs Direct Intervention

Jeff Kuta

May 9, 2003, 4:16:21 AM5/9/03
My minion has a .44 Magnum and rushes into combat with my prey's
minion. I play Dragon's Breath Rounds. My prey plays Direct
Intervention on the DBR. Can I play another one?

Dragon's Breath Rounds
Ammo
Card Text: Only usable before resolution of a gun's strike. That gun
inflicts +2 aggravated damage each strike for the remainder of this
combat. Burn the gun after strike resolution. This is an ammo card. No
more than one ammo card can be used on a gun each combat.

It has been ruled that you may not "play" a second Carrion Crows
during a given combat if the first has been Directly Intervened. So
what exactly is the difference between "used" and "played"? Does used
imply "successfully used"? If I have a DRB DI'd, can I then follow up
with Glaser Rounds?

Carrion Crows
Card Text:
Only usable before range is chosen.
ani:Opposing minion takes 1R damage each round of combat during strike
resolution. A vampire can only play one Carrion Crows each combat.
ANI:As above, but with 2R damage damage.

Thanks!

Jeff

LSJ

May 9, 2003, 7:55:37 AM5/9/03
Jeff Kuta wrote:
> My minion has a .44 Magnum and rushes into combat with my prey's
> minion. I play Dragon's Breath Rounds. My prey plays Direct
> Intervention on the DBR. Can I play another one?

Yes.

> It has been ruled that you may not "play" a second Carrion Crows
> during a given combat if the first has been Directly Intervened. So
> what exactly is the difference between "used" and "played"? Does used

Use: make use of, apply.

> imply "successfully used"? If I have a DRB DI'd, can I then follow up
> with Glaser Rounds?

Sure.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

James Coupe

May 9, 2003, 10:29:38 AM5/9/03
In message <3EBB9739...@white-wolf.com>, LSJ <vtesrep@white-

wolf.com> writes:
>Jeff Kuta wrote:
>> My minion has a .44 Magnum and rushes into combat with my prey's
>> minion. I play Dragon's Breath Rounds. My prey plays Direct
>> Intervention on the DBR. Can I play another one?
>
>Yes.

I'm assuming this is because the previous card wasn't actually an ammo
card i.e. the only thing causing it to be an ammo card is its card text,
which has just been cancelled?

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D

LSJ

May 9, 2003, 12:17:30 PM5/9/03
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <3EBB9739...@white-wolf.com>, LSJ <vtesrep@white-
> wolf.com> writes:
>>Jeff Kuta wrote:
>>>My minion has a .44 Magnum and rushes into combat with my prey's
>>>minion. I play Dragon's Breath Rounds. My prey plays Direct
>>>Intervention on the DBR. Can I play another one?
>>
>>Yes.
>
> I'm assuming this is because the previous card wasn't actually an ammo
> card i.e. the only thing causing it to be an ammo card is its card text,
> which has just been cancelled?

It's because ther restriction is on use not on play.