[LSJ] The Admonitions

20 vues

kushiel

non lue,
20 nov. 2003, 20:33:1720/11/2003
The Admonitions
Unique Master.
Put this card in play...During your discard phase, control of The
Admonitions passes counter-clockwise until it is controlled by a
Methuselah who controls a ready Sabbat vampire (or is burned if there
are none).

Questions:
1) "Counter-clockwise" means my predator checks for control of a Sabbat
vampire first, right? I just want to make sure.

2) If there are no other Methuselahs who control a Sabbat vampire, and I
do, I basically retain control of The Admonitions each turn, correct?

3) The Admonitions will never be burned unless its controller self-ousts
on her own turn, right? Because it will never be controlled by someone
who does not control any Sabbat vampires (per card text), and it moves
during its controller's turn, and nobody gets ousted (except by themselves)
on their own turn.

Unless I missed something here...
Thanks.

Kushiel

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
20 nov. 2003, 21:22:2220/11/2003
kushiel wrote:
> 3) The Admonitions will never be burned unless its controller self-ousts
> on her own turn, right? Because it will never be controlled by someone
> who does not control any Sabbat vampires (per card text), and it moves
> during its controller's turn, and nobody gets ousted (except by themselves)
> on their own turn.

Well, it's entirely possible your last Sabbat vampire goes to torpor
during your turn (either intentionally - eg, Force of Will - or not)

--Colin McGuigan

salem

non lue,
20 nov. 2003, 21:27:2920/11/2003
On 20 Nov 2003 17:33:17 -0800, thisi_s...@yahoo.com (kushiel)
scrawled:

>The Admonitions
>Unique Master.
>Put this card in play...During your discard phase, control of The
>Admonitions passes counter-clockwise until it is controlled by a
>Methuselah who controls a ready Sabbat vampire (or is burned if there
>are none).
>
>Questions:
>1) "Counter-clockwise" means my predator checks for control of a Sabbat
>vampire first, right? I just want to make sure.

That's correct. Play order is clockwise, with your prey taking the
turn after you. By extension, counter-clockwise is the opposite
direction, thus being your predator.

>2) If there are no other Methuselahs who control a Sabbat vampire, and I
>do, I basically retain control of The Admonitions each turn, correct?

correct.

>3) The Admonitions will never be burned unless its controller self-ousts
>on her own turn, right?

wrong.

>Because it will never be controlled by someone
>who does not control any Sabbat vampires (per card text),

correct.

> and it moves
>during its controller's turn, and nobody gets ousted (except by themselves)
>on their own turn.
>
>Unless I missed something here...

You might not have a _ready_ sabbat vampire. your only sabbat vampire
might have been burned or topored. You might never even have had one
when you played the Admonitions (which would mean playing it was
merely a card cycle, as you can't _use_ it unless you control a sabbat
or a Black hand. Come to think of it, if you controlled a ready
non-sabbat black hand (eg: Teresita goes out of the frying pan), you
could tap it to gain two cards, then it ker-plodes if no one controls
a ready sabbat vampire.)

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm

Angus, the Unruled

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 05:08:3521/11/2003
salem <salem_ch...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<5otqrvg3vtgddtlql...@4ax.com>...

That's one way.
the other would be that your grandprey, for example, has a sabbat
vampire.
In your discard phase you give him the admonitions (as your predator
is cammie only). Then it's your prey's turn. He ousts your grandprey -
voila.

Timlagor

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 06:00:3121/11/2003
Angus, the Unruled expounded:

> > You might not have a _ready_ sabbat vampire. your only sabbat vampire
> > might have been burned or topored. You might never even have had one
> > when you played the Admonitions (which would mean playing it was
> > merely a card cycle, as you can't _use_ it unless you control a sabbat
> > or a Black hand. Come to think of it, if you controlled a ready
> > non-sabbat black hand (eg: Teresita goes out of the frying pan), you
> > could tap it to gain two cards, then it ker-plodes if no one controls
> > a ready sabbat vampire.)
>
> That's one way.
> the other would be that your grandprey, for example, has a sabbat
> vampire.
> In your discard phase you give him the admonitions (as your predator
> is cammie only). Then it's your prey's turn. He ousts your grandprey -
> voila.

Anarch Revolts
Networked Malks

LSJ

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 06:28:3421/11/2003

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 11:36:4621/11/2003

"kushiel" <thisi_s...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The Admonitions
> Unique Master.
> Put this card in play...During your discard phase, control of The
> Admonitions passes counter-clockwise until it is controlled by a
> Methuselah who controls a ready Sabbat vampire (or is burned if there
> are none).

> 3) The Admonitions will never be burned unless its controller

self-ousts
> on her own turn, right? Because it will never be controlled by someone
> who does not control any Sabbat vampires (per card text), and it moves
> during its controller's turn, and nobody gets ousted (except by
themselves)
> on their own turn.

Well, in thinking about this part, you may have missed that it's passed
counter-clockwise, ie opposite to the direction of play. So if you pass
it to your predator, your grandpredator will get a turn (in which he or
she might oust your predator) before your predator gets a turn and
passes it on to another Methuselah.

Josh

just like millicent smith!

the_capuchin

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 12:01:0521/11/2003
> > Come to think of it, if you controlled a ready
> > non-sabbat black hand (eg: Teresita goes out of the frying pan), you
> > could tap it to gain two cards, then it ker-plodes if no one controls
> > a ready sabbat vampire.)
>
> Correct.

So I can assume it's true that if a vampire change sects (Go Anarch,
Writ of Acceptance, Revocation of Tyre in the case of Yazid Tamari
etc.) he/she still mantains his/her Black Hand status, thus being able
to play "requires a Black Hand vampire" cards?

I've seen it in another thread, but some friends say (based on
whatever source they have) that it is not true, so I'd like an
official position from LSJ, if possible...

many thanks!

[indie-clans player strongly considering buying a Black Hand boosters
box if it's true]

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 12:26:0121/11/2003

"the_capuchin" <fa...@cohesp.com.br> wrote in message

> > > Come to think of it, if you controlled a ready
> > > non-sabbat black hand (eg: Teresita goes out of the frying pan),
you
> > > could tap it to gain two cards, then it ker-plodes if no one
controls
> > > a ready sabbat vampire.)
> >
> > Correct.
>
> So I can assume it's true that if a vampire change sects (Go Anarch,
> Writ of Acceptance, Revocation of Tyre in the case of Yazid Tamari
> etc.) he/she still mantains his/her Black Hand status, thus being able
> to play "requires a Black Hand vampire" cards?

Yes, but only if the vampire is inherently Black Hand. If they became
Black Hand via Blooding, they lose Black Hand status if they stop being
Sabbat (by card text on Blooding). Inherently Black Hand vampires have
no such card text, so can change sect without losing their Black Hand
(and even Seraph) traits.

As LSJ has said, "there are no new rules in Black Hand". Making the
Black Hand trait on printed vampires go away when they changed sects
would require a new rule.

www.google.com/groups?selm=3FABA8D5.3030009%40white-wolf.com

and from the same thread

www.google.com/groups?selm=3FAE3832.9080700%40white-wolf.com

Josh

pale hand

LSJ

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 14:13:5121/11/2003
Joshua Duffin wrote:
> "the_capuchin" <fa...@cohesp.com.br> wrote in message
>>So I can assume it's true that if a vampire change sects (Go Anarch,
>>Writ of Acceptance, Revocation of Tyre in the case of Yazid Tamari
>>etc.) he/she still mantains his/her Black Hand status, thus being able
>>to play "requires a Black Hand vampire" cards?
>
> Yes, but only if the vampire is inherently Black Hand. If they became
> Black Hand via Blooding, they lose Black Hand status if they stop being
> Sabbat (by card text on Blooding). Inherently Black Hand vampires have
> no such card text, so can change sect without losing their Black Hand
> (and even Seraph) traits.
>
> As LSJ has said, "there are no new rules in Black Hand". Making the
> Black Hand trait on printed vampires go away when they changed sects
> would require a new rule.
>
> www.google.com/groups?selm=3FABA8D5.3030009%40white-wolf.com
>
> and from the same thread
>
> www.google.com/groups?selm=3FAE3832.9080700%40white-wolf.com