Rötschreck vs S:CE

15 vues

Daniel Eriksson

non lue,
9 juil. 2002, 15:51:4209/07/2002
Yesterday i played my Tzimesce deck and i played rötschreck! when i blocked
my predator played S:CE, he and a majority of the other players insisted on
S:Ce beating rötschreck, i couldn't connince them that the Vampire goes to
torpor before any strike or damage resolution. Anyone got a good idea on how
to convince them?

Daniel Eriksson
Sweden

LSJ

non lue,
9 juil. 2002, 15:54:5909/07/2002

If card text doesn't suffice (and it should - it's clear on that point if
not on others), here's the official ruling:

Rötschreck will send the vampire whose opponent announces an aggravated
damage dealing strike against him, even if his chooses a dodge or a
strike to end combat as his strike. S:CE doesn't beat Rötschreck.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Orpheus

non lue,
9 juil. 2002, 18:27:4509/07/2002
> > Yesterday i played my Tzimesce deck and i played rötschreck! when i
blocked
> > my predator played S:CE, he and a majority of the other players insisted
on
> > S:Ce beating rötschreck, i couldn't connince them that the Vampire goes
> > torpor before any strike or damage resolution. Anyone got a good idea on
how
> > to convince them?
>
> If card text doesn't suffice (and it should - it's clear on that point if
> not on others), here's the official ruling:
>
> Rötschreck will send the vampire whose opponent announces an aggravated
> damage dealing strike against him, even if his chooses a dodge or a
> strike to end combat as his strike. S:CE doesn't beat Rötschreck.

Here's a card lots of us hope to see errated in the forthcoming edition...

James Coupe

non lue,
9 juil. 2002, 19:48:0909/07/2002
In message <agfo17$82v$1...@wanadoo.fr>, Orpheus <orph...@wanadoo.fr>
writes:

>> Rötschreck will send the vampire whose opponent announces an aggravated
>> damage dealing strike against him, even if his chooses a dodge or a
>> strike to end combat as his strike. S:CE doesn't beat Rötschreck.
>
>Here's a card lots of us hope to see errated in the forthcoming edition...

Why?

You have to be out-of-turn to use it, you can maneuver to long to stop
hand damage, you can reduce hand damage, you can interrupt the
torporisation with end of round/combat style effects which regard
combat, you can choose not to go into combat (Change of Target or
whatever). Do bear in mind that being able to Psyche! or Telepathically
Track someone can get you a long way - and that's a common enough set of
disciplines. If someone tries to get at you with Madness Network, throw
down an Obedience or similar, Dominate being another common discipline,
and Madness Network has a built in break. It's limited to once per
cycle around the table.

It's really not as good as people think. Powerful, certainly. Broken?
I just don't see it.

--
James Coupe
PGP 0x5D623D5D I am woman. Here, me raw.

Jon Stahler

non lue,
10 juil. 2002, 10:52:5610/07/2002

"James Coupe" <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote in message

> In message <agfo17$82v$1...@wanadoo.fr>, Orpheus <orph...@wanadoo.fr>
> writes:
> >> Rötschreck will send the vampire whose opponent announces an aggravated
> >> damage dealing strike against him, even if his chooses a dodge or a
> >> strike to end combat as his strike. S:CE doesn't beat Rötschreck.
> >
> >Here's a card lots of us hope to see errated in the forthcoming
edition...

> Why?
>
> You have to be out-of-turn to use it, you can maneuver to long to stop
> hand damage, you can reduce hand damage, you can interrupt the
> torporisation with end of round/combat style effects which regard
> combat, you can choose not to go into combat (Change of Target or
> whatever). Do bear in mind that being able to Psyche! or Telepathically
> Track someone can get you a long way - and that's a common enough set of
> disciplines. If someone tries to get at you with Madness Network, throw
> down an Obedience or similar, Dominate being another common discipline,
> and Madness Network has a built in break. It's limited to once per
> cycle around the table.

Obedience is a reaction card. If someone is coming at you with a Malkavian
during your turn, you can't play a reaction card to stop them. Hence why
Malks with protean is a fairly effective strategy.

And the Madness Network doesn't have the restriction of once around the
table (yet). Sorry if I'm busting you out on that one, but its something I
noticed. If that's the case...GREAT! Talk about overpowered clan cards...

LSJ

non lue,
10 juil. 2002, 10:57:2010/07/2002
Jon Stahler wrote:
> Obedience is a reaction card. If someone is coming at you with a Malkavian
> during your turn, you can't play a reaction card to stop them. Hence why
> Malks with protean is a fairly effective strategy.

Not true. Reaction cards are not limited by whose turn it is, only by who
controls the acting minion. [1.6.3.5]

You can Obedience a younger acting Malk controlled by another Methuselah,
even if he's acting on your own turn via the MadNet.

Tal...@nodamspamhotmail.com

non lue,
10 juil. 2002, 15:23:3310/07/2002
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:27:45 +0200, "Orpheus" <orph...@wanadoo.fr>
wrote:

>> Rotschreck will send the vampire whose opponent announces an aggravated

>> damage dealing strike against him, even if his chooses a dodge or a

>> strike to end combat as his strike. S:CE doesn't beat Rotschreck.

>Here's a card lots of us hope to see errated in the forthcoming edition...

It can be a very annoying card but only when you are playing very
annoying SCE decks.

It works as intended; send an opposing vampire into Rotschreck
(catatonic fear of final death) because of the presence of aggravated
damage.

Sure you can end combat, I'd like to end combat too but your whining
SCE vampire will be in torpor. =]

0 nouveau message