Khabar: Glory and Contesting

Jeff Kuta

Jul 18, 2008, 4:26:17 AM7/18/08
Assamite A has Khabar: Glory on him. Assamite B, controlled by a
different methuselah, takes his own K:G action. They contest. Does
Assamite B untap as a result of the K:G action?

Searched and couldn't find my answer. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Jozxyqk

Jul 18, 2008, 6:07:48 AM7/18/08
Jeff Kuta <jeff...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Assamite A has Khabar: Glory on him. Assamite B, controlled by a
> different methuselah, takes his own K:G action. They contest. Does
> Assamite B untap as a result of the K:G action?

Yes.

Here's a thread where LSJ says "yes" about Ahrimane Protectorate's untap (where
I had originally ruled incorrectly):
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/84a0d691002204d2

crispyfloss

Jul 18, 2008, 1:43:44 PM7/18/08
On Jul 18, 3:07 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> I had originally ruled incorrectly):http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/84a0...

I assume that Khabar:Glory will not burn during your untap phase (per
its instructions) until it is no longer contested.

I also assume that the timer for "your next untap phase" starts when
the card is played, even if it would contest.

So, if player B has Khabar:Glory in play, and player A contests, then
player B yields during his untap, then does player A's Khabar:Glory
then burn during player A's next untap phase, per card text?

LSJ

Jul 18, 2008, 2:02:08 PM7/18/08

Yes.

sg3kmb6...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2008, 5:50:35 PM7/18/08

How come the timer doesn't reset when the card is removed from and
later enters play rather than the card getting burnt the same phase it
comes (back) into play?

Technically I'd say that the next untap phase counting from when the
card was played has already passed, so that one won't come back.
And if the effect was hanging around and kept checking if that
specific untap phase had passed, the card would be burned directly
when it reentered play instead of waiting for player A's next untap
phase. It wouldn't be much of a wait in this case since the card came
back during the untap phase, but since I find this a bit weird I'm
asking a theorethical question.

If, however, the card still checks for the "next untap phase" it would
make more sense to me if the card was burned the next untap phase
counting from (the latest time) when it entered play.

A third option could be that the phase in question (next untap phase
from card being played) had passed and thus it'll stay in play
forever, but that would be far too good. Really.

And on a similar line, could a methusaleh burn pool (possibly again)
to give Victor Pelletier a title after he's been contested (and
yielded by the other player/s)?
I'm guessing xe could since Victor's ability says "enters play" and
doesn't mention coming from uncontrolled region or stuff like that.

Victor Pelletier
Clan: Ventrue (group 4)
Capacity: 5
Disciplines: PRE cel dom for
Camarilla: When Victor enters play, you may pay 1 pool to make him a
primogen, 2 pool to make him Prince of Paris, or 3 pool to make him
Ventrue Justicar. If Victor's title would be contested, he immediately
yields instead of contesting.

librarian

Jul 18, 2008, 6:11:37 PM7/18/08
sg3kmb6...@gmail.com wrote:

Who are you?

I have at some point heard or seen this e-mail being given to someone,
but I can't for the life of me remember who.

If you care to answer, you could e-mail me privately...

best -

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
www.superfuncards.com *NEW Website!*

LSJ

Jul 18, 2008, 7:33:47 PM7/18/08
sg3kmb6...@gmail.com wrote:
> How come the timer doesn't reset when the card is removed from and
> later enters play rather than the card getting burnt the same phase it
> comes (back) into play?

Because it just means "on your untap phase".

> And on a similar line, could a methusaleh burn pool (possibly again)
> to give Victor Pelletier a title after he's been contested (and
> yielded by the other player/s)?

Yes.

> I'm guessing xe could since Victor's ability says "enters play" and
> doesn't mention coming from uncontrolled region or stuff like that.

Correct.