Vox Senis and the bloodhunt

Azel

Jan 16, 2004, 9:23:23 AM1/16/04
perhaps this has been already asked, but i was recently playing a game and
after a diablerie there was the prerequisite bloodhunt. we all knew that now
action mods or reactions could be played, due to it not being an action. but
someone wondered if he could play his vox senis from his hand as an OOT. at
first we thought no, but then we realized masters are not act-mods or
reacts, and we thought permanent table votes, including master ventrue
headquarters or alamut, could be used, so we thought - why not vox senis?

we erred on the side of caution and didn't allow it. but what is the correct
answer?

Damnans

Jan 16, 2004, 9:54:39 AM1/16/04

Since Vox Senis can be played during a referendum (and the blood hunt
is a referendum, although not a political action), Vox Senis can be
played during a blood hunt.

Name: Vox Senis
[BH:C/PN]
Cardtype: Master
Unique master.
Put this card in play. Each Methuselah gets 1 additional vote during
each referendum. Alternatively, during a referendum, you may discard
this card from your hand as an out-of-turn master to gain 3 votes in
that referendum.

Greetings,
Damnans

LSJ

Jan 16, 2004, 9:51:41 AM1/16/04

Vox Senis can be used in the blood hunt referendum.

It is not dependent on a political action, since:

* it is not an action modifier
* it is not a reaction
* it doesn't restrict itself to "political action" via card text

It cannot be played during a referendum on your own turn, however, since
that use is an out-of-turn master.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Halcyan 2

Jan 16, 2004, 12:23:46 PM1/16/04
>and we thought permanent table votes, including master ventrue
>headquarters or alamut, could be used, so we thought - why not vox senis?

Slight correction. Though Ventrue Headquarters can be used in a blood hunt,
Alamut cannot. Alamut can only be used during a political action, which a blood
hunt is not.

Halcyan 2