[LSJ]Entrenching

2 vues

XZealot

non lue,
4 juin 2004, 14:55:1304/06/2004
Scott,
If a vampire, say Masika with 4 blood, plays entrenching. He then pays for
several action modifiers, which bring him below 4 blood. The action is
unblocked. Does he still gain the results of entrenching even though he no
longer has more than 3 blood?

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

LSJ

non lue,
4 juin 2004, 19:31:1204/06/2004
XZealot wrote:
> If a vampire, say Masika with 4 blood, plays entrenching. He then pays for
> several action modifiers, which bring him below 4 blood. The action is
> unblocked. Does he still gain the results of entrenching even though he no
> longer has more than 3 blood?

No. He only gains if he has four or more blood, by card text.
See also:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3C45D991.E6086303%40white-wolf.com
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3F99B489.6050409%40white-wolf.com

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Reyda

non lue,
4 juin 2004, 20:39:5304/06/2004

"XZealot" <nbr...@rapidretailsolutions.com> wrote in message

> Scott,
> If a vampire, say Masika with 4 blood, plays entrenching. He then pays
for
> several action modifiers, which bring him below 4 blood. The action is
> unblocked. Does he still gain the results of entrenching even though he
no
> longer has more than 3 blood?

nope.
he must have 4 blood or more to gain 4 blood (card text)
the card text conditions mus be met when the action resolves.

parallel from LSJ : Ambush on a tapped prince (you really need the maneuver)
the prince plays 2nd tradition. The rushing vampire plays Elder
impersonation : the action fizzles since the target of the ambush is not
tapped anymore. (and yes it sounds stupid ;) )

Johannes Walch

non lue,
4 juin 2004, 21:11:2104/06/2004
> parallel from LSJ : Ambush on a tapped prince (you really need the
maneuver)
> the prince plays 2nd tradition. The rushing vampire plays Elder
> impersonation : the action fizzles since the target of the ambush is not
> tapped anymore. (and yes it sounds stupid ;) )

WTF ?

Halcyan 2

non lue,
5 juin 2004, 02:46:4205/06/2004

Because he is no longer a legal target for the action (is not tapped).

Halcyan 2

UniqueMaster

non lue,
5 juin 2004, 03:14:2605/06/2004

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

Can any minion attempt this action, regardless of blood/vampire state?

Card text:

Entrenching:

+1 stealth action. If this vampire has 4 or more blood, he or she gains 4
blood.

I don't see any "Requires" text on the card.

--
Mike Ooi
"You have left the world. Click to continue."

Johannes Walch

non lue,
5 juin 2004, 05:13:5905/06/2004

Yeah, I can follow the logic, but I have never liked any ruling where the
word fizzle appears ;-)

LSJ

non lue,
5 juin 2004, 06:56:1205/06/2004
UniqueMaster wrote:
> Can any minion attempt this action, regardless of blood/vampire state?
>
> Card text:
>
> Entrenching:
> +1 stealth action. If this vampire has 4 or more blood, he or she gains 4
> blood.
>
> I don't see any "Requires" text on the card.

Any vampire can. Card text "this vampire" implies that requirement
(see also Taste of Vitae). So long as he has at least one blood,
of course (with none, he'd have to hunt).

If he has one blood, he could attempt the action, get blocked,
punch for 3, prevent the damage done to him, taste (3), press,
and then Form of Mist to complete the action. Since he has 4 blood
at resolution, he'd gain 4 more.

Derek Ray

non lue,
5 juin 2004, 12:38:2205/06/2004
In message <gFhwc.36856$_k3.8...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> mumbled something about:

>If he has one blood, he could attempt the action, get blocked,
>punch for 3, prevent the damage done to him, taste (3), press,
>and then Form of Mist to complete the action. Since he has 4 blood
>at resolution, he'd gain 4 more.

ObNitpick: except that Form of Mist superior now costs a blood, so he'd
only have 3 at resolution. =)

-- Derek

a host is a host from coast to coast
and no one will talk to a host that's close
unless the host that isn't close
is busy, hung, or dead

LSJ

non lue,
5 juin 2004, 15:17:2605/06/2004
Derek Ray wrote:

> In message <gFhwc.36856$_k3.8...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> mumbled something about:
>

>>If he has one blood, he could attempt the action, get blocked,
>>punch for 3, prevent the damage done to him, taste (3), press,
>>and then Form of Mist to complete the action. Since he has 4 blood
>>at resolution, he'd gain 4 more.
>
> ObNitpick: except that Form of Mist superior now costs a blood, so he'd
> only have 3 at resolution. =)

Did I say Form of Mist? I meant Mirror Image. With a Path.
(Really. I did. :-)

Derek Ray

non lue,
5 juin 2004, 16:12:3205/06/2004
In message <a%owc.38009$_k3.9...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> mumbled something about:

>Derek Ray wrote:
>
>> In message <gFhwc.36856$_k3.8...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
>> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> mumbled something about:
>>

>>>If he has one blood, he could attempt the action, get blocked,
>>>punch for 3, prevent the damage done to him, taste (3), press,
>>>and then Form of Mist to complete the action. Since he has 4 blood
>>>at resolution, he'd gain 4 more.
>>
>> ObNitpick: except that Form of Mist superior now costs a blood, so he'd
>> only have 3 at resolution. =)
>
>Did I say Form of Mist? I meant Mirror Image. With a Path.
>(Really. I did. :-)

*I* thought you had meant Toreador's Bane, after Gael Pilet got the Eye
of Hazimel to make it easier to punch for 3.

0 nouveau message