Talbot's Chainsaw

5 vues

Serge Salazar

non lue,
24 mai 2001, 20:03:4224/05/2001
Talbot's Chainsaw [Jyhad, V:TES]
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 3 pool
Unique weapon. 3 damage each strike. If bearer is ready during your
untap phase, a ready minion you control takes 3 damage (damage not
preventable). Bearer cannot hunt. <Bearer> may <enter combat with> any
minion <controlled by another Methuselah> as a +1 stealth (D) action.
<Bearer gets a press>, {only usable to continue combat} at the end of the
first round, and may prevent up to 1 damage each combat.

What happens if the bearer of Talbot's Chainsaw has no blood at the
beginning of his minion phase? Does the bearer still have to declare a hunt
action?

LSJ

non lue,
24 mai 2001, 20:43:3824/05/2001
Serge Salazar wrote:
> Talbot's Chainsaw [Jyhad, V:TES]
> [...] Bearer cannot hunt. [...]

> What happens if the bearer of Talbot's Chainsaw has no blood at the
> beginning of his minion phase? Does the bearer still have to declare a hunt
> action?

At the beginning or in the middle of his minion phase - it doesn't matter.
A minion who is untapped, ready, and empty must hunt.
If he is otherwise prohibited from hunting (via Talbot's Chainsaw, the
No Repeat Action rule, or whatever), then he is stuck and can take no action.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jon Stahler

non lue,
25 mai 2001, 11:21:4025/05/2001
Regarding this, I have a general question about hunting. If a vampire
untaps during your untap phase with zero blood, do they have to hunt before
any other minion may act? This is the way our group plays, but I don't know
if its the official rule or not. Thanks in advance...

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

LSJ

non lue,
25 mai 2001, 11:56:3225/05/2001
Jon Stahler wrote:

> Regarding this, I have a general question about hunting. If a vampire
> untaps during your untap phase with zero blood, do they have to hunt before
> any other minion may act? This is the way our group plays, but I don't know
> if its the official rule or not. Thanks in advance...
>
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > Serge Salazar wrote:
> > > Talbot's Chainsaw [Jyhad, V:TES]
> > > [...] Bearer cannot hunt. [...]
> > >
> > > What happens if the bearer of Talbot's Chainsaw has no blood at the
> > > beginning of his minion phase? Does the bearer still have to declare a
> hunt
> > > action?
> >
> > At the beginning or in the middle of his minion phase - it doesn't matter.
> > A minion who is untapped, ready, and empty must hunt.
> > If he is otherwise prohibited from hunting (via Talbot's Chainsaw, the
> > No Repeat Action rule, or whatever), then he is stuck and can take no
> action.

Yes. The mandatory actions have to be taken before other actions. [6]

Jozxyqk

non lue,
25 mai 2001, 12:28:0525/05/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Jon Stahler wrote:
>>
>> Regarding this, I have a general question about hunting. If a vampire
>> untaps during your untap phase with zero blood, do they have to hunt before
>> any other minion may act? This is the way our group plays, but I don't know
>> if its the official rule or not. Thanks in advance...

> Yes. The mandatory actions have to be taken before other actions. [6]

If there is a Madness Network in play, and I have an untapped 0-blood Malk,
can I use other Malks' out-of-turn actions, or do I have to hunt with him if
I want to use the Madness Net at all?

What if that 0-blood vampire is NOT a Malk, and could not legally take
actions out of turn? Can my Malks still act?

LSJ

non lue,
25 mai 2001, 12:42:5725/05/2001
Jozxyqk wrote:

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Jon Stahler wrote:
> >>
> >> Regarding this, I have a general question about hunting. If a vampire
> >> untaps during your untap phase with zero blood, do they have to hunt before
> >> any other minion may act? This is the way our group plays, but I don't know
> >> if its the official rule or not. Thanks in advance...
>
> > Yes. The mandatory actions have to be taken before other actions. [6]
>
> If there is a Madness Network in play, and I have an untapped 0-blood Malk,
> can I use other Malks' out-of-turn actions, or do I have to hunt with him if
> I want to use the Madness Net at all?

The former. [6]

> What if that 0-blood vampire is NOT a Malk, and could not legally take
> actions out of turn? Can my Malks still act?

Yes. [6]

Ken shaw

non lue,
25 mai 2001, 14:26:3025/05/2001

> Jon Stahler wrote:
> >
> > Regarding this, I have a general question about hunting. If a vampire
> > untaps during your untap phase with zero blood, do they have to hunt
before
> > any other minion may act? This is the way our group plays, but I don't
know
> > if its the official rule or not. Thanks in advance...
> >
> > "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> > hunt
> > >
> > > At the beginning or in the middle of his minion phase - it doesn't
matter.
> > > A minion who is untapped, ready, and empty must hunt.
> > > If he is otherwise prohibited from hunting (via Talbot's Chainsaw, the
> > > No Repeat Action rule, or whatever), then he is stuck and can take no
> > action.
>
> Yes. The mandatory actions have to be taken before other actions. [6]

You do mean if at zero blood at start of minion phase right? Question says
zero at untap, if hunting is required if at zero there it greatly changes
the way blood doll and hunting grounds are used.

Ken Shaw

Jon Stahler

non lue,
25 mai 2001, 14:52:3725/05/2001
> Yes. The mandatory actions have to be taken before other actions. [6]

So a minion with Lunatic Eruption placed on them has to attack a vampire
before the other controlled minions can act? This isn't the way we've been
playing with this card in particular, so I'm curious if the same ruling
applies as it is a mandatory action.

LSJ

non lue,
25 mai 2001, 14:55:4825/05/2001

Lunatic Eruption [SW] - Action (dem) (2)

* The mandatory attack action must be taken before any
non-mandatory actions. [LSJ 20001127]

Jozxyqk

non lue,
25 mai 2001, 22:35:2825/05/2001

> Lunatic Eruption [SW] - Action (dem) (2)

> * The mandatory attack action must be taken before any
> non-mandatory actions. [LSJ 20001127]

What if the prey of the Lunatic-Erupted vampire doesn't
control any minions at all? Can that vampire then perform a
non-Rush action?

LSJ

non lue,
26 mai 2001, 10:16:1026/05/2001
Jozxyqk wrote:
> What if the prey of the Lunatic-Erupted vampire doesn't
> control any minions at all? Can that vampire then perform a
> non-Rush action?

No. "must rush" and "cannot rush" => "stuck" and can perform no
actions. Just as the similar situation for hunting.

Jack Crow

non lue,
26 mai 2001, 16:49:3126/05/2001
Cant the bearer take the 3 damage itself, sending it into torpor
during the untap phase?

LSJ

non lue,
26 mai 2001, 16:51:3526/05/2001