Force of Will & Amaranth

1 vue

Kenneth

non lue,
14 sept. 2002, 18:59:4314/09/2002
The wording on Force of Will "... Damage occurs after the action or
combat is resolved", had me wondering. Would it be possible to Amaranth
a minion before the agg damage from FoW kicks in? Consider the following
string of events.

Minion A plays FoW.
Minion B blocks, combat occurs.
Minion A deals damage sending B to torpor, A is still standing.
Minion A plays Amaranth, collects optional blood and possibly a skill
card. If he's really lucky even gets to play a Draught of the Soul.
FoW sends minion A to torpor.
Blood Hunt is called.

So I guess the question is, does the event of sending B to torpor
technically end combat, sending minion A to torpor as well from the FoW
and thereby prevent Amaranth from being played?
I've started thinking of a second interpretation. If it's the actual
event of hitting torpor that ends combat, Amaranth could still be
played, because the opposing vampire never got that far, he was
diablerized before the actual placement in torpor happened (Amaranth
does say "...rather than sending that vampire into torpor"). I've seen a
similar post concerning Pulled Fangs where it was stated that knowing
that you will be going to Torpor or that you will be burned is not
sufficient to activate the clause of Pulled Fangs. Does this go for
Amaranth as well?

Thanks,
Kenneth

LSJ

non lue,
14 sept. 2002, 21:26:1714/09/2002
Kenneth wrote:

> The wording on Force of Will "... Damage occurs after the action or
> combat is resolved", had me wondering. Would it be possible to Amaranth
> a minion before the agg damage from FoW kicks in? Consider the following
> string of events.

Yes.

> Minion A plays FoW.
> Minion B blocks, combat occurs.
> Minion A deals damage sending B to torpor, A is still standing.
> Minion A plays Amaranth, collects optional blood and possibly a skill
> card. If he's really lucky even gets to play a Draught of the Soul.
> FoW sends minion A to torpor.
> Blood Hunt is called.
>
> So I guess the question is, does the event of sending B to torpor
> technically end combat, sending minion A to torpor as well from the FoW
> and thereby prevent Amaranth from being played?

No. As you note, A does receive the damage from FoW until after.

> I've started thinking of a second interpretation. If it's the actual
> event of hitting torpor that ends combat, Amaranth could still be
> played, because the opposing vampire never got that far, he was
> diablerized before the actual placement in torpor happened (Amaranth
> does say "...rather than sending that vampire into torpor"). I've seen a

Right.

> similar post concerning Pulled Fangs where it was stated that knowing
> that you will be going to Torpor or that you will be burned is not
> sufficient to activate the clause of Pulled Fangs. Does this go for
> Amaranth as well?

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message