Trochomancy and order of ash heap

SteveHarris

Jul 10, 2009, 7:41:57 AM7/10/09
OK, I couldn't find any specific ruling about this, although my
searches aren't always the best (for some unknown reason).

Is there a requirement in the rules to put your ash heap in a specific
order?

When playing Trochomancy, do you get to choose which cards are removed
from the target's ash heap or is it just the top cards?

My understanding is that there is no specific order to the ash heap,
and the person playing Trochomancy chooses which cards to remove.
However I have heard a player state the opposite of both, hence my
question.

Trochomancy
[LotN:C]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Auspex & Necromancy
[nec] Remove 13 cards in the target Methuselah's ash heap from the
game to get +1 bleed. Not usable if there aren't enough cards in that
ash heap. You cannot play another action modifier to increase this
bleed.
[aus][nec] As [nec] above, but remove only 7 cards.
[AUS][NEC] As [aus][nec] above, but for +2 bleed.

Steve Harris
Prince of Brisbane

LSJ

Jul 10, 2009, 7:51:31 AM7/10/09
SteveHarris wrote:
> OK, I couldn't find any specific ruling about this, although my
> searches aren't always the best (for some unknown reason).

"ash heap order author:LSJ" got it for me. While the first hit worked in a
fashion, a later hit provided a moe concrete statement:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/c5412bc46a3d4878

> Is there a requirement in the rules to put your ash heap in a specific
> order?

Quite the opposite: the ash heap is unordered, so it is impossible to put it in
some order (from a game mechanics standpoint: obviously the cards rest one upon
another in some physical arrangement).

> When playing Trochomancy, do you get to choose which cards are removed
> from the target's ash heap or is it just the top cards?

You choose. The game recognizes no "top cards".

> My understanding is that there is no specific order to the ash heap,
> and the person playing Trochomancy chooses which cards to remove.

You are correct.

SteveHarris

Jul 10, 2009, 7:56:48 AM7/10/09
Thanks for the fast response!