Immortal G. Q

9 vues

Max

non lue,
18 sept. 2002, 07:53:1818/09/2002
A minion plays Thrown gate in combat to maneuver (so choosing his
strike as well). The opposing minion maneuvers back, establishing the
range to close, then plays Immortal grapple.
What happens to the first minion's strike? Is it lost? Can he choose a
hand strike instead?

Thank you.

LSJ

non lue,
18 sept. 2002, 07:59:2418/09/2002

It is lost. He doesn't get the ability to back up and choose another
strike.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jon Stahler

non lue,
18 sept. 2002, 10:39:0418/09/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Max wrote:
> >
> > A minion plays Thrown gate in combat to maneuver (so choosing his
> > strike as well). The opposing minion maneuvers back, establishing the
> > range to close, then plays Immortal grapple.
> > What happens to the first minion's strike? Is it lost? Can he choose a
> > hand strike instead?
>
> It is lost. He doesn't get the ability to back up and choose another
> strike.

What if the minion throwing the gate had superior Auspex and was the acting
minion. Could he/she play Primal Instincts to choose a new strike after the
original failed, even though he/she played the thrown gate for the manuever
earlier in the combat? I'd think its possible as PI allows you to choose a
new strike altogether, but didn't know the restriction of this in light of
using the card earlier in combat to gain an effect.

LSJ

non lue,
18 sept. 2002, 10:44:0718/09/2002

No. You could play PI, but you'd have to choose the same strike (since
you maneuvered with it). And since you can't (that strike is in the
ash heap), you'd be left, again, with no strike.

0 nouveau message