Advanced Tegyrius question

3 vues

Jozxyqk

non lue,
31 oct. 2003, 15:47:2231/10/2003
If Tegyrius is merged, and therefore a Justicar, and then he calls
Protect Thine Own (to burn a non-Camarilla vampire under capacity 6)
and it passes.. does this count as "burning a vampire" for the purpose
of playing Draught of the Soul?

Darka

non lue,
31 oct. 2003, 20:11:2831/10/2003
I don't believe so. The vampire is burned as a result of the vote, not
regardless of who called it.. If i'm wrong someone pls correct me. :)

DarkA

LSJ

non lue,
31 oct. 2003, 21:44:3831/10/2003

I don't think there's any precedent one way or the other for this
sort of "did the vampire do what the referendum did" question, so
sure.

If anyone has a reference to the contrary, please enlighten me.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Johannes Walch

non lue,
1 nov. 2003, 09:03:2701/11/2003
> If Tegyrius is merged, and therefore a Justicar, and then he calls
> > Protect Thine Own (to burn a non-Camarilla vampire under capacity 6)
> > and it passes.. does this count as "burning a vampire" for the purpose
> > of playing Draught of the Soul?
>
> I don't think there's any precedent one way or the other for this
> sort of "did the vampire do what the referendum did" question, so
> sure.

so sure = yes, Tegyrius can play DotS after PTO ? Just to clarify ...

--
johannes walch
v:ekn germany - http://www.vekn.de/

Chuck Arnett

non lue,
1 nov. 2003, 10:09:3601/11/2003
So this could be done with Soul Stealing also, presuming you meet all
other requirements.

Johannes Walch

non lue,
1 nov. 2003, 10:16:2101/11/2003
> So this could be done with Soul Stealing also, presuming you meet all
> other requirements.

I guess yes. But the Soul Stealing effect, while thematically very nice, is
more easily reproduced by Voter Captivation :-)

Eric Simon

non lue,
1 nov. 2003, 18:55:1701/11/2003
"Johannes Walch" <johanne...@vekn.de> wrote in message news:<bo0io3$221$07$1...@news.t-online.com>...

> > So this could be done with Soul Stealing also, presuming you meet all
> > other requirements.
>
> I guess yes. But the Soul Stealing effect, while thematically very nice, is
> more easily reproduced by Voter Captivation :-)

Okay, this is getting silly. First of all:

Soul Stealing cannot be used if a vampire is burned as a result of a
political action, such as Tradition Upheld. [RTR 19960124]

As far as I can tell by the similar wordings on the cards, this should
be the precedent being sought for Draught of the Soul as well.

And second, it's just silly. Tegyrius did not "burn a vampire". He
called a referendum. Period. Sure he can gain votes and cast them in
favor of that referendum, but it's the referendum that burns the
vampire, not the minion who called it. That would be as silly as
saying that an Anarch Blanche Hill calling an Anarch Salon has
successfully hunted and can now untap. Just because a referendum does
something a minion might do in a different way does not mean the
minion did that thing.

Eric Simon
Prince of Chicago

Johannes Walch

non lue,
1 nov. 2003, 19:52:5401/11/2003
> Okay, this is getting silly. First of all:

That´s what I thought first. But as LSJ gave a positive reply ....

> Soul Stealing cannot be used if a vampire is burned as a result of a
> political action, such as Tradition Upheld. [RTR 19960124]
>
> As far as I can tell by the similar wordings on the cards, this should
> be the precedent being sought for Draught of the Soul as well.

Any comments LSJ ? The RTR is also quite old, probably outdated ?

LSJ

non lue,
2 nov. 2003, 06:47:2002/11/2003
Eric Simon wrote:
> "Johannes Walch" <johanne...@vekn.de> wrote in message news:<bo0io3$221$07$1...@news.t-online.com>...
>
>>>So this could be done with Soul Stealing also, presuming you meet all
>>>other requirements.
>>
>>I guess yes. But the Soul Stealing effect, while thematically very nice, is
>>more easily reproduced by Voter Captivation :-)
>

> Okay, this is getting silly. First of all:
>
> Soul Stealing cannot be used if a vampire is burned as a result of a
> political action, such as Tradition Upheld. [RTR 19960124]
>
> As far as I can tell by the similar wordings on the cards, this should
> be the precedent being sought for Draught of the Soul as well.

Ah. Very good. That was the precedent I was looking for.

So the answer is in fact "no" to the Tegyrius, Justicar, Protect Thine
Own, Draught of the Soul question.

Thanks for digging that one up.

0 nouveau message