Q- LSJ. Vessel vs Secure Haven

SteveHarris

Aug 11, 2009, 9:32:57 AM8/11/09
If Meth A plays a Vessel and decides to burn a blood doll on Vampire 1
controlled by Meth B, and Vampire 1 has a Secure Haven, does Meth A
pay 1 more pool for Vessel?

Name: Vessel
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: trifle.
Put this card on a vampire, and you may burn a Blood Doll in play (if
any). During this vampire's controller's untap phase, he or she may
move 1 blood from this vampire to his or her pool or from his or her
pool to this vampire.

Name: Secure Haven
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location. Haven.
Put this card on a minion you control. This minion cannot be -{the
target of other Methuselahs' actions}-. Any Methuselah burns an
additional pool when playing master cards on (or that target) this
minion. Burn this card if this minion enters torpor. A minion may have
only one haven.

Dasein

Aug 11, 2009, 9:38:26 AM8/11/09

No I don't think so. Vessel targets the Blood Doll card, not the
minion.
Same with say Tier of Souls. If I have a Tier of Souls on my guy, and
you try to burn it, I can't play Detect Authority at ani, nor would I
be able to get +1 intercept from Communal Haven: Temple. Targeting
cards placed on a minion != targeting the minion itself.
At least I'm pretty sure.

LSJ

Aug 11, 2009, 9:42:38 AM8/11/09
Dasein wrote:
> On Aug 11, 11:32 pm, SteveHarris <steveharris1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If Meth A plays a Vessel and decides to burn a blood doll on Vampire 1
>> controlled by Meth B, and Vampire 1 has a Secure Haven, does Meth A
>> pay 1 more pool for Vessel?
>>
> No I don't think so. Vessel targets the Blood Doll card, not the
> minion.

Correct. Similarly, a minion can use Arson to burn the Secure Haven.

> Same with say Tier of Souls. If I have a Tier of Souls on my guy, and
> you try to burn it, I can't play Detect Authority at ani, nor would I
> be able to get +1 intercept from Communal Haven: Temple. Targeting
> cards placed on a minion != targeting the minion itself.
> At least I'm pretty sure.

Correct.

SteveHarris

Aug 11, 2009, 9:52:52 AM8/11/09
On Aug 11, 11:42 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Dasein wrote:
> > On Aug 11, 11:32 pm, SteveHarris <steveharris1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> If Meth A plays a Vessel and decides to burn a blood doll on Vampire 1
> >> controlled by Meth B, and Vampire 1 has a Secure Haven, does Meth A
> >> pay 1 more pool for Vessel?
>
> > No I don't think so. Vessel targets the Blood Doll card, not the
> > minion.
>
> Correct. Similarly, a minion can use Arson to burn the Secure Haven.

Thanks. What about a card like Mesmerize? Does that target the
minion or the equipment?

Mesmerize
+1 stealth action. [dom] (D) Steal equipment from an ally. [DOM] (D)
Steal equipment from a younger vampire.

LSJ

Aug 11, 2009, 9:54:05 AM8/11/09
SteveHarris wrote:
> Thanks. What about a card like Mesmerize? Does that target the
> minion or the equipment?
>
> Mesmerize
> +1 stealth action. [dom] (D) Steal equipment from an ally. [DOM] (D)
> Steal equipment from a younger vampire.

It targets equipment.