Stupid Jacob the Glitch question

witness1

May 18, 2009, 11:09:25 AM5/18/09
Suppose I control Jacob the Glitch and some 3-capacity vampire with a
Soul Gem of Etrius. The 3-cap burns, and I reveal Jacob the Glitch as
the top vampire of my crypt. The incoming Jacob burns per the rules
against self-contesting, triggering the Soul Gem again. Is the burning
copy of Jacob considered a 2-cap or a 6-cap when checking against the
next vampire on my crypt (i.e., is he considered controlled before he
is burned)?

Soul Gem of Etrius
Type: Equipment
Unique equipment.
If this vampire is burned, draw the top card from your crypt. If it is
younger, put the Soul Gem on him or her and move him or her to your
ready region with blood from the blood bank equal to his or her
capacity; otherwise, move that card to your uncontrolled region (and
burn the Soul Gem). If bearer is diablerized, the diablerizing vampire
cannot take the Soul Gem.

Jacob, The Glitch
Clan: Tremere antitribu (group 3)
Capacity: 2
Disciplines: THA
Sabbat: Jacob's capacity is increased by 4 while he is controlled.
Your predator can use a master phase action to discard a master card
to force you to discard your hand. Draw back up to your hand size
afterward.

LSJ

May 18, 2009, 12:15:38 PM5/18/09
witness1 wrote:
> Suppose I control Jacob the Glitch and some 3-capacity vampire with a
> Soul Gem of Etrius. The 3-cap burns, and I reveal Jacob the Glitch as
> the top vampire of my crypt. The incoming Jacob burns per the rules
> against self-contesting, triggering the Soul Gem again. Is the burning
> copy of Jacob considered a 2-cap or a 6-cap when checking against the
> next vampire on my crypt (i.e., is he considered controlled before he
> is burned)?

He's a 2-cap.