Need a Clarification here (was Re: a Different Mask of 1K Faces question (LSJ) )

1 vue

Tetragrammaton

non lue,
3 août 2001, 04:28:3503/08/2001

"Sorrow" <jcb...@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > After reading the first half of the Action Modifier thread, I decided
> > to build a Mask/Venenation deck and it went pretty well. My question,
> > however, is this:
>
> Did you check out my deck in the other thread?
>
> > Minion A takes an action to Corrupt Prey's Minion 1.
> > Minion 1 blocks
> > Minion A plays Venenation
> > Minion B plays Mask
> > Minion B plays Venenation
> > Minion C plays Mask
> > Minion C plays Venenation
> > Minion C plays Change of Target
> > Can Minion A and/or B attempt to play a Corruption on Minion 1? or
> > would this be considered a Repeat Action?
>
> Both can attempt to play Corruption. Only minion C is governed not only
> by the NRA but more importantly, the card text of Change of Target

Hy, i need a clarification for the above:
assuming the mask is played after the venenation, and so when the acting
minion *is* blocked,
isn't the untapped-by-the-mask acting minion anyway
under the NRA rule?
I'm telling this by the direct intervention clarification that states:

Since the NRA rule is applied to the acting minion when the action resolves
(is blocked or is successful), .......etc. [LSJ 19980212]

Or i'm wrong? (LSJ ?).

Thanks in advance
Emiliano, prince of Rome

> > We said no it wasn't covered under the NRA rule since, logically,
> > Minion A never actually TOOK the action, you all just *thought* it was
> > Minion A.
> > Just wanting to make sure we played that right...
>
> Both A and B can attempt the action.
>
> > and I dropped 4 Venenations on one vamp in one action... it was pretty
> > sweet... almost as sweet as when i played Ecstasy to reduce a bleed of
> > 4 to 0 *grin*
>
> With 4 different untapped (or woken) minions, right?
>
> Sorrow
> ---

LSJ

non lue,
3 août 2001, 13:28:2603/08/2001
"Tetragrammaton" <nospam_a...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

The NRA taints the minion when the action resolves.
If you mask before the tap-n-combat part of the block, then
the previous minion is not tainted.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message