2 Q's

2 vues

madma...@my-deja.com

non lue,
11 févr. 2001, 10:52:0811/02/2001
A couple of situations came up during a recent Chicago sanctioned
tournament.

1) Can the controlling player tap the Fragment of the Book of Nod after
another Methusaleh has announced an action to steal the Fragment, but
before blocking attempts are declared?? The rules do not address this,
so we decided that it could be tapped in response, but some players
stated that there was some rule somewhere that it could not.

2) Vampire X with superior Obfuscate attempts to bleed. Vampire A
attempts to block. Vampire X uses Swallowed by the Night for +1
stealth. Then, Vampire B with the sport bike attempts to block.
Vampire X adds Faceless Night at superior. Vampire C with a sport bike
and Mr. W attempts to block. Vampire X adds Lost in Crowds to succeed
with the bleed. The question: Which vampires are tapped as a result of
Faceless Night? A, B, &/or C?

Thanks in advance,
Madman

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

LSJ

non lue,
11 févr. 2001, 13:09:3011/02/2001
madma...@my-deja.com wrote:
> 1) Can the controlling player tap the Fragment of the Book of Nod
> after another Methusaleh has announced an action to steal the
> Fragment, but before blocking attempts are declared?? The rules do
> not address this, so we decided that it could be tapped in response,
> but some players stated that there was some rule somewhere that it
> could not.

You ruled correctly. It could even be tapped after blocking attempts
are declared - any time up until the action is successful.

Some players use this tactic with the War Ghoul - tapping her to
burn a location in response to, say, a Far Mastery action.

> 2) Vampire X with superior Obfuscate attempts to bleed. Vampire A
> attempts to block. Vampire X uses Swallowed by the Night for +1
> stealth. Then, Vampire B with the sport bike attempts to block.
> Vampire X adds Faceless Night at superior. Vampire C with a sport
> bike and Mr. W attempts to block. Vampire X adds Lost in Crowds to
> succeed with the bleed. The question: Which vampires are tapped as a
> result of Faceless Night? A, B, &/or C?

B and C. Anyone attempting to block when the Faceless Night is
in effect.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/