Eyes of the Beast

Jozxyqk

Nov 24, 2008, 6:00:00 PM11/24/08
Yet another in the series of questions while Josh sorts his booster box...

Eyes of the Beast [KoT:C]
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Protean
[pro] +1 intercept, and put this card on this reacting vampire. This vampire
gets -1 stealth. Burn this card during your next discard phase.
[PRO] As above, with an optional maneuver during the first round of the
resulting combat if this vampire successfully blocks.

If a vampire plays this at superior, and the card is still on him when he
blocks another action, does he get an optional maneuver in the resulting
combat of this new block?
(Superior does not say "if this vampire successfully blocks _this action_"
and one could read it as similar to Corpse Balloon, etc.)

LSJ

Nov 24, 2008, 6:03:44 PM11/24/08
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Yet another in the series of questions while Josh sorts his booster box...
>
> Eyes of the Beast [KoT:C]
> Cardtype: Reaction
> Discipline: Protean
> [pro] +1 intercept, and put this card on this reacting vampire. This vampire
> gets -1 stealth. Burn this card during your next discard phase.
> [PRO] As above, with an optional maneuver during the first round of the
> resulting combat if this vampire successfully blocks.
>

> If a vampire plays this at superior, and the card is still on him when he
> blocks another action, does he get an optional maneuver in the resulting
> combat of this new block?

No.

Blooded Sand

Nov 25, 2008, 5:48:50 AM11/25/08

Just to check, this is why? The text states only if he successfully
blocks, and does not state anything about which action. The resulting
combat is one resulting from the succesful block, and says nothing
about it being the combat from when this card is played.....

This would also make the card strong, and very, very playable.....

LSJ

Nov 25, 2008, 6:16:03 AM11/25/08
Blooded Sand wrote:
> On Nov 25, 12:03 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Jozxyqk wrote:
>>> Yet another in the series of questions while Josh sorts his booster box....

>>> Eyes of the Beast [KoT:C]
>>> Cardtype: Reaction
>>> Discipline: Protean
>>> [pro] +1 intercept, and put this card on this reacting vampire. This vampire
>>> gets -1 stealth. Burn this card during your next discard phase.
>>> [PRO] As above, with an optional maneuver during the first round of the
>>> resulting combat if this vampire successfully blocks.
>>> If a vampire plays this at superior, and the card is still on him when he
>>> blocks another action, does he get an optional maneuver in the resulting
>>> combat of this new block?
>> No.
>>
>>> (Superior does not say "if this vampire successfully blocks _this action_"
>>> and one could read it as similar to Corpse Balloon, etc.)
>
> Just to check, this is why? The text states only if he successfully
> blocks, and does not state anything about which action. The resulting
> combat is one resulting from the succesful block, and says nothing
> about it being the combat from when this card is played.....
>
> This would also make the card strong, and very, very playable.....

It's a matter of what the "As above, with..." modifies. If it modifies the +1
intercept, you get my answer. If it modifies the "This vampire gets" part, you
get the other alternative.

Clearly, it goes with the +1 intercept bit.

Felix

Nov 25, 2008, 6:17:38 AM11/25/08

> > > (Superior does not say "if this vampire successfully blocks _this action_"
> > > and one could read it as similar to Corpse Balloon, etc.)
>
> Just to check, this is why? The text states only if he successfully
> blocks, and does not state anything about which action. The resulting
> combat is one resulting from the succesful block, and says nothing
> about it being the combat from when this card is played.....
>
> This would also make the card strong, and very, very playable.....- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Cardtext mentions "resulting combat" , and that is the combat adjunct
to the action during which the eyes of the beast was played