LSJ: Touch of Pain

cnislev

Mar 27, 2007, 9:30:26 AM3/27/07
Touch of Pain
1 blood
Only usable when a bleed against you is successful or a referendum
passes. Play after resolution.
pot: This vampire inflicts 1 damage on the acting minion. Only one
Touch of Pain can be played
each action.
POT: As above, but for 2 damage.

Does damage occur before e.g. Voter Captivation? or can the vampire
calling it gain blood from voter cap before e.g. being sent to torpor
by ToP?

witness1

Mar 27, 2007, 9:35:17 AM3/27/07

Both are played on a successful referendum. Acting minion gets first
priority to play effects and may therefore play VC before you play
Touch of Pain. If he declines to do so at first, he may play it again
after your Pain effect resolves (even from torpor, I believe).

witness1
-bring the pain

LSJ

Mar 27, 2007, 9:38:11 AM3/27/07
cnislev wrote:
> Touch of Pain
> 1 blood
> Only usable when a bleed against you is successful or a referendum
> passes. Play after resolution.
> pot: This vampire inflicts 1 damage on the acting minion. Only one
> Touch of Pain can be played
> each action.
> POT: As above, but for 2 damage.
>

> Does damage occur before e.g. Voter Captivation?

Unlikely, since the sequencing rules lead to the Voter Captivation being played
first.

But, if the vampire is already full, the player might pass. If so, then, when
Touch of Pain is played (and damage applied and blood spent to heal), the player
might want to respond with Voter Captivation to regain blood.

> or can the vampire
> calling it gain blood from voter cap before e.g. being sent to torpor
> by ToP?

Voter Cap resolves when played.
Touch of Pain resolves when played.

The player cannot play VC in response to ToP to avoid torpor, no. But the
sequencing rules give him the ability to play VC before ToC can be played.

LSJ

Mar 27, 2007, 9:41:53 AM3/27/07

Note that this is a REVERSAL of an earlier Voter Captivation vs. Freak Drive
ruling -- Voter Captivation has the same timing window as Freak Drive (and may
be played before or after Freak Drive).