Abacor Q

Orpheus

Apr 10, 2009, 10:35:08 AM4/10/09
If the card text of Abacor is exact :

Abactor
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth hunt action.
Gain 5 blood. After successful resolution, a referendum is called to call a
blood hunt on this vampire (independent of the action, just as if he or she
had committed diablerie).

Muaziz and co will be safe from the blood hunt, right ?

And what of Carlton burning ?
--------
Orpheus

Johannes Walch

Apr 10, 2009, 10:42:44 AM4/10/09
to Orpheus
Orpheus schrieb:

> If the card text of Abacor is exact :
>
> Abactor
> Cardtype: Action
> +1 stealth hunt action.
> Gain 5 blood. After successful resolution, a referendum is called to call a
> blood hunt on this vampire (independent of the action, just as if he or she
> had committed diablerie).
>
> Muaziz and co will be safe from the blood hunt, right ?

Yes, card text:
Blood Hunts cannot be called on Muaziz

> And what of Carlton burning ?

If you are referring to Carlton burning Muaziz after she took the
Abactor action: no by card text:

During your discard phase, you may burn Carlton to burn a vampire who
has committed diablerie since your last turn.

Carlton can burn vampires who *actually* committed diablerie not
vampires who have been subject (nor not in case of Muaziz) of a blood hunt.

--
If playing against Cock all you need to
remember is: Don´t get caught by Cock.

Orpheus

Apr 10, 2009, 10:45:18 AM4/10/09
Johannes Walch wrote:
> Orpheus schrieb:
>> If the card text of Abacor is exact :
>>
>> Abactor
>> Cardtype: Action
>> +1 stealth hunt action.
>> Gain 5 blood. After successful resolution, a referendum is called to
>> call a blood hunt on this vampire (independent of the action, just
>> as if he or she had committed diablerie).
>>
>> Muaziz and co will be safe from the blood hunt, right ?
>
> Yes, card text:
> Blood Hunts cannot be called on Muaziz
>
>> And what of Carlton burning ?
>
> If you are referring to Carlton burning Muaziz after she took the
> Abactor action:

Yes I am

> no by card text:
>
> During your discard phase, you may burn Carlton to burn a vampire who
> has committed diablerie since your last turn.
>
> Carlton can burn vampires who *actually* committed diablerie not
> vampires who have been subject (nor not in case of Muaziz) of a blood
> hunt.

That would have been an evidence if not for that part of the card text : "as
if he or she had committed diablerie" which I find ambiguous. Doesn't it
mean that for all intents it is as if the vampire commited diablerie ?

Orpheus

v.ri...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2009, 1:13:25 PM4/10/09

"just as if he or she had committed diablerie" applies only to the
blood hunt effect of the Abactor. It's just an explanation about how
the blood hunt is called.

Orpheus

Apr 10, 2009, 1:30:05 PM4/10/09

Ok, merci monsieur. ;)

About the card : Minion Tap just got nerfed (by Villein) and now we get a
"new 5th Trad", weird...
-------
Orpheus

Jozxyqk

Apr 10, 2009, 2:33:13 PM4/10/09
Orpheus <orpheus....@free.fr> wrote:
> If the card text of Abacor is exact :

> Abactor
> Cardtype: Action
> +1 stealth hunt action.
> Gain 5 blood. After successful resolution, a referendum is called to call a
> blood hunt on this vampire (independent of the action, just as if he or she
> had committed diablerie).

Different question:
Does "successful resolution" mean that blood has to be gained?
(i.e. is it the same difference between "successful action" and "successful
bleed"?)

Specifically: If Vamp A has a Vampiric Disease counter, and hunts with Abactor
and gain nothing, is the blood hunt referendum called?

LSJ

Apr 11, 2009, 7:57:54 AM4/11/09
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Orpheus <orpheus....@free.fr> wrote:
>> If the card text of Abacor is exact :
>
>> Abactor
>> Cardtype: Action
>> +1 stealth hunt action.
>> Gain 5 blood. After successful resolution, a referendum is called to call a
>> blood hunt on this vampire (independent of the action, just as if he or she
>> had committed diablerie).
>
> Different question:
> Does "successful resolution" mean that blood has to be gained?
> (i.e. is it the same difference between "successful action" and "successful
> bleed"?)

i.e., is it the same difference between "successful action" and "successful hunt"

Yes.

Google: "successful hunt" "successful action" author:LSJ