Pulled Fangs

Eryn Gabriel Surprenant

Mar 1, 1995, 5:31:41 PM3/1/95

I don't have the card in front of me but could some one explain to me how this card works. The card reads something like "usable by a vampire who inflicts more damage at close range". It doesn't say 'inflicts more hand damage' or somesuch. So does this mean I can take my vamp with a < insert BIG gun here> blast away at close range and then use Pulled Fangs to inflict one pt of aggravatey
and hopefully burn him? If so then Manstopper+PF is a MUCH more usefull combo than Dragonbreath the MS+PF doing 2 damage and then 1 agg and you keep the gun.
(Other than the fact you have to be at close range).Thanks.

Jeffrey Matthew Bergan

Mar 3, 1995, 8:01:09 PM3/3/95
In article <3j5o93$9...@tribune.usask.ca>,
Shane Hamish William Travis <sht...@duke.usask.ca> wrote:

>You can never burn a vampire with only one point of agg. damage, even if
>they are already on their way to torpor. The first point of Aggravated
>Damage sends the vampire to Toror, redundantly so if they are already on
>their way there. You need agg.dam > blood remaining +2 to butn a vampire.

Isn't it aggravated damage > blood remaining +1?

Thus, if they have no blood, one point to send them to torpor, and one
more to burn them. 2 > 0 + 1

Otherwise you would need 3 by your calculation, which doesn't seem to make
any sense, as they are supposed to burn when they cannot heal a point of
aggravated damage in torpor, and they cannot heal the second one, as they
are already in torpor w/o blood.

-Jeff Bergan

>Shane Travis | There are two kinds of men who never amount to
>sht...@duke.usask.ca | very much: those who cannot do what they are told,
>Saskatoon, Saskatchewan | and those who can do nothing else.
> | -- Cyrus H.K. Curtis

Shane Hamish William Travis

Mar 2, 1995, 7:35:47 PM3/2/95

: >Eryn Gabriel Surprenant (gab...@cs.utexas.edu) wrote:

>>> ...If so then Manstopper+PF is a MUCH more usefull combo than

Dragonbreath the MS+PF doing 2 damage and then 1 agg and you keep the gun.
(Other than the fact you have to be at close range).Thanks. <<<

You can never burn a vampire with only one point of agg. damage, even if

they are already on their way to torpor. The first point of Aggravated
Damage sends the vampire to Toror, redundantly so if they are already on
their way there. You need agg.dam > blood remaining +2 to butn a vampire.

Shane Travis | There are two kinds of men who never amount to

Shane Hamish William Travis

Mar 4, 1995, 10:58:11 AM3/4/95
Jeffrey Matthew Bergan (je...@leland.Stanford.EDU) wrote:

: Shane Hamish William Travis <sht...@duke.usask.ca> wrote:
: >
: >You can never burn a vampire with only one point of agg. damage, even if
: >they are already on their way to torpor. The first point of Aggravated
: >Damage sends the vampire to Toror, redundantly so if they are already on
: >their way there. You need agg.dam > blood remaining +2 to butn a vampire.

This was supposed to be agg.dam >= blood remaining +2, which would make
it the same as jeff's points below.

What I meant was not what I said...

: Isn't it aggravated damage > blood remaining +1?

: Thus, if they have no blood, one point to send them to torpor, and one
: more to burn them. 2 > 0 + 1

: -Jeff Bergan

Joseph Cochran

Mar 2, 1995, 4:32:39 PM3/2/95
In article <3j2skd$s...@nada.cs.utexas.edu>,

Eryn Gabriel Surprenant <gab...@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
>and hopefully burn him? If so then Manstopper+PF is a MUCH more usefull combo than Dragonbreath the MS+PF doing 2 damage and then 1 agg and you keep the gun.
>(Other than the fact you have to be at close range).Thanks.

The way the card is worded, any damage done while combat is at
close range applies for the PF. So yes, that combo works fine.

| If you've got a hot lead on a new | *--Joe--*
| PC game, call the announce line at | js...@vt.edu
| ** csi...@discus.ise.vt.edu ** |
+-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
"Carnivores, oy!" -- Timon, TLK

Thomas R Wylie

Mar 4, 1995, 3:20:33 PM3/4/95

A vampire with X blood on it will require X + 2 aggravated damage to
burn outright. The first point always sends it to torpor, then you need
another X to use up its blood, and then you need another point for the
outright burn. Note that the "+ 2" must come from a single aggravated
source; two 1-point aggravated shots won't cut it. But, you can use
non-aggravated damage to make up the X (useful with Dragon Breath Rounds).

Pulled Fangs just cares about the range the round is at, not the nature
of the damage inflicted upon the vampire whose fangs are to be pulled.
So a shotgun will do just as well as a chainsaw. Note that damage from
retainers such as Wolf Companion won't count when comparing damage inflicted.

Tom Wylie rec.games.trading-cards.* Network Representative for
aa...@cats.ucsc.edu Wizards of the Coast, Inc.