[LSJ] Psalm of the damned vs No Secrets

Izaak

Mar 5, 2010, 9:08:07 AM3/5/10
Infernal minion A with superior Maleficia bleeds. Magaji B with a No Secrets
from the Magaji attempts to block.

A plays Psalm of the Damned at superior. What happens?

a) The block fails, the action continues and No Secrets is burned
b) The minion cannot choose to block anymore, so the block is cancelled, but
No Secrets remains because there was never a block attempt in the first
place.
c) Something else.

I'm guessing b?

A second question concerns I am Legion.

Cardtext:

[dai] +1 stealth.
[dai][obf] Cancel a card that requires Auspex as it is played.
[DAI][OBF] As [dai][obf] above, and/or gain 1 pool if this action is
successful (after resolving the action).

At DAI OBF it says and/or gain 1 pool. Does that mean I can play I am Legion
at superior on a succsful action even if no auspex cards were being played
during the action to gain 1 pool?

I'm guessing yes, but the wording is somewhat confusing to me.

LSJ

Mar 5, 2010, 9:26:36 AM3/5/10
On Mar 5, 9:08 am, "Izaak" <nom...@usenet.plz> wrote:
> Infernal minion A with superior Maleficia bleeds. Magaji B with a No Secrets
> from the Magaji attempts to block.
>
> A plays Psalm of the Damned at superior. What happens?
>
> a) The block fails, the action continues and No Secrets is burned

Yes.

> b) The minion cannot choose to block anymore, so the block is cancelled, but
> No Secrets remains because there was never a block attempt in the first
> place.
> c) Something else.
>
> I'm guessing b?

You state that "Magaji B attempts to block", so there was a block
attempt.

> A second question concerns I am Legion.
>
> Cardtext:
>
> [dai] +1 stealth.
> [dai][obf] Cancel a card that requires Auspex as it is played.
> [DAI][OBF] As [dai][obf] above, and/or gain 1 pool if this action is
> successful (after resolving the action).
>
> At DAI OBF it says and/or gain 1 pool. Does that mean I can play I am Legion
> at superior on a succsful action even if no auspex cards were being played
> during the action to gain 1 pool?

Exactly.