LSJ: Cavalier question

zurupeto

Feb 15, 2010, 1:39:28 PM2/15/10
Regarding Cavalier, is it the action card's cost or the actual burning
of blood from a vampire that can activate Cavalier's ability? In
other words, can a Cavaliered vampire burn a blood to untap if they
reduced the cost of an action card, that otherwise costs blood, to
zero (for example, using Path of Blood)?

Cavalier
Cardtype: Master. Archetype
Put this card on a vampire you control. Once per turn, when this
vampire successfully performs an action that costs 1 or more blood, he
or she may burn an additional blood to untap.

The Path of Blood
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Assamite
Cost: 1 pool
Unique master.
Put this card in play. Cards that require Quietus [qui] <cost
Assamites 1 less blood>. Any minion may burn this card as a (D)
action; if that minion is a vampire, he or she then takes 1
unpreventable damage when this card is burned.

LSJ

Feb 15, 2010, 1:56:08 PM2/15/10
On Feb 15, 1:39 pm, zurupeto <zurup...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Regarding Cavalier, is it the action card's cost or the actual burning
> of blood from a vampire that can activate Cavalier's ability?

The cost.

> In
> other words, can a Cavaliered vampire burn a blood to untap if they
> reduced the cost of an action card, that otherwise costs blood, to
> zero (for example, using Path of Blood)?

No. If the cost is zero (after reduction or not), then it doesn't cost
1 or more.

Blooded Sand

Feb 15, 2010, 2:11:21 PM2/15/10

Also: Cybele et al could use cavalier after using their inbuilt
action, correct?

zurupeto

Feb 15, 2010, 2:22:11 PM2/15/10
> > In
> > other words, can a Cavaliered vampire burn a blood to untap if they
> > reduced the cost of an action card, that otherwise costs blood, to
> > zero (for example, using Path of Blood)?
>
> No. If the cost is zero (after reduction or not), then it doesn't cost
> 1 or more.

Thanks for your reply. So, if I understand you correctly, the printed
(or inherent) cost of an action is irrelevant--it's whether or not the
acting vampire actually pays a cost of 1 or more blood for the action
that triggers Cavalier?

For example, a Malkavian with Cavalier could use it if he/she had
expended a blood to bleed on account of Tryphosa's power?

Tryphosa
Malkavian
Capacity: 10
Group: 4
Camarilla Prince of Rome: While Tryphosa is ready, any Malkavian's
bleed action costs an additional blood and gets +1 stealth.

Jozxyqk

Feb 15, 2010, 2:30:28 PM2/15/10
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 1:39�pm, zurupeto <zurup...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Regarding Cavalier, is it the action card's cost or the actual burning
> > of blood from a vampire that can activate Cavalier's ability?

> The cost.

> If the cost is zero (after reduction or not), then it doesn't cost
> 1 or more.

If a vampire with Cavalier performs a Rescue from Torpor action, but
the target pays both blood for the cost, does it still count as an
action costing 1 or more blood?