[LSJ] flesh of marble vs burning wrath

79 vues

Stelios

non lue,
1 oct. 2002, 04:29:5801/10/2002
I've tried to find an accurate answer to this question, and haven't found
proper explanation, so here it goes

Ellen Fence rushes Lazverinus
Ellen Fence plays Superior Flesh of marble
Ellen fence hits for 1, and aggravates it
Lazverinus hits back with a burning wrath

Does Ellen fence (providing she has more than 2 blood) goe to torpor?

As far as I know, only added damage from burning wrath is aggravated, so
Lazverinus hits for 3 nomal + 2 aggro damage. May Ellen's controller choose
that she prevents the 2 aggro and 2 normal damage through FoM and so suffer
only one normal damage? or is the rule about preventing say something like
first you ought to prevent normal damage and then the aggravated one?

If it's the former, what should happen if damage come from different sources
(carrion crows, damaging retainers,...) may ellen prevent all damage from
opponent's source and suffer only 1 point from the enviromental damage?

Does damage from Weather control count toward the FoM damage taken limit?

Thanks in advance

LSJ

non lue,
1 oct. 2002, 07:52:4301/10/2002
Stelios wrote:

> I've tried to find an accurate answer to this question, and haven't found
> proper explanation, so here it goes
>
> Ellen Fence rushes Lazverinus
> Ellen Fence plays Superior Flesh of marble
> Ellen fence hits for 1, and aggravates it
> Lazverinus hits back with a burning wrath
>
> Does Ellen fence (providing she has more than 2 blood) goe to torpor?
>
> As far as I know, only added damage from burning wrath is aggravated, so

Burning wrath does an amount of damage equal to the striker's strength
plus 2. The damage done (strength+2 points) is aggravated.

> Lazverinus hits for 3 nomal + 2 aggro damage. May Ellen's controller choose

Lazvernius hits for 5 aggravated.

> that she prevents the 2 aggro and 2 normal damage through FoM and so suffer
> only one normal damage? or is the rule about preventing say something like
> first you ought to prevent normal damage and then the aggravated one?

Ellen may choose which point Flesh of Marble lets through, choosing from
among those points that are all done simultaneously. In this case, she
can let any of the five aggravated points through (and go to torpor). If
Lazvernius had also played a Thoughts Betrayed at inferior, though, Ellen
would be receiving 1 normal damage in addition to the five aggravated
damage, and could have Flesh of Marble allow the 1 normal point through
and prevent the five aggravated.

> If it's the former, what should happen if damage come from different sources
> (carrion crows, damaging retainers,...) may ellen prevent all damage from
> opponent's source and suffer only 1 point from the enviromental damage?

Yes, if it's all done simultaneously (i.e., the strike in question isn't
done with First Strike, etc.)

> Does damage from Weather control count toward the FoM damage taken limit?

Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message