(LSJ) Byzar questions

floppyzedolfin

Apr 23, 2010, 8:30:54 AM4/23/10
Hi LSJ,

Today's questions are about Byzar.

1 - I control a ready Byzar with 1 burn counter.
There is a Fame on him (might be utterly moot).
My predator influences out Byzar, they begin to contest.

During my untap phase, I yield the contest of Byzar. Is he moved to my
ash heap?
[This one should be "Yes."]

2 - My Byzar (1 burn counter) is in torpor. I play Sacrificial Lamb on
him. Does the acting vampire gain blood?
What if Byzar had 2 burn counters when SL was played?
(wording: Do X. Do Y.)

Thanks

~~

Byzar
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Harbinger of Skulls
Group: 6
Capacity: 10
Discipline: dom pre AUS FOR NEC OBF
Sabbat: If Byzar would be burned, put a burn counter on him and move
him to torpor instead. If he has three burn counters, remove him from
the game. +1 stealth.

Sacrificial Lamb
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 3 blood
Discipline: Obfuscate
[obf] Burn a vampire in torpor that you control. The acting vampire
gains blood equal to the burned vampire's capacity (ignore excess
blood). You may also transfer equipment from the burned vampire to
this one. This action is not considered diablerie.
[OBF] (D) As above, but burn a vampire in another Methuselah's torpor
region.

LSJ

Apr 23, 2010, 8:37:54 AM4/23/10
On Apr 23, 8:30 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi LSJ,
>
> Today's questions are about Byzar.
>
> 1 - I control a ready Byzar with 1 burn counter.
> There is a Fame on him (might be utterly moot).
> My predator influences out Byzar, they begin to contest.
>
> During my untap phase, I yield the contest of Byzar. Is he moved to my
> ash heap?
> [This one should be "Yes."]

Correct. Card text doesn't apply when the card is not in play.

> 2 - My Byzar (1 burn counter) is in torpor. I play Sacrificial Lamb on
> him. Does the acting vampire gain blood?

No.

> What if Byzar had 2 burn counters when SL was played?
> (wording: Do X. Do Y.)

No.

Wording: "burned vampire".