Life Boon

XZealot

Apr 16, 2009, 8:20:13 AM4/16/09
Can Life Boon give you a victory point from a player who has already
scored his Victory Point prior to playing the Life Boon?

Blooded Sand

Apr 16, 2009, 8:37:54 AM4/16/09
On Apr 16, 2:20 pm, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:
> Can Life Boon give you a victory point from a player who has already
> scored his Victory Point prior to playing the Life Boon?

Life Boon
Master: out-of-turn. Boon
Give pool to a Methuselah with no pool to keep him or her in the game;
put this card in play. During each of his or her untap phases, you can
collect 1 pool from that Methuselah. The first victory point that the
Methuselah wins is given to you (unless you are ousted by then). This
Life Boon is then burned.

Wins, not has won. Looks like it cannot be retroactive then....

Chris Berger

Apr 16, 2009, 9:00:14 AM4/16/09

While the wording is ambiguous, there's no way it's retroactive.

LSJ

Apr 16, 2009, 5:14:33 PM4/16/09

As the wording indicates unambiguously (as noted by Blooded Sand), there's no
way it's retroactive.

Johannes Walch

Apr 22, 2009, 7:29:52 AM4/22/09
LSJ schrieb:

What about 2 players being ousted at the same time? Example:

My prey and grandprey both have 2 pool. In my preys minion phase I tap
Enkil Cog to call a KRC dealing 2 damage to each meth. The votes passes,
both take the damage. I play Life Boon to save my prey with 1 pool but
steal the VP he wins from the grand-prey being ousted. Possible?

--
If playing against Cock all you need to
remember is: Don´t get caught by Cock.

LSJ

Apr 22, 2009, 8:09:03 AM4/22/09
Johannes Walch wrote:
> What about 2 players being ousted at the same time? Example:
>
> My prey and grandprey both have 2 pool. In my preys minion phase I tap
> Enkil Cog to call a KRC dealing 2 damage to each meth. The votes passes,
> both take the damage. I play Life Boon to save my prey with 1 pool but
> steal the VP he wins from the grand-prey being ousted. Possible?

Sure. That's not retroactive.

Of course, after you play Life Boon to save your prey, someone else can play a
Life Boon to save your grand-prey.

Chris Berger

Apr 22, 2009, 8:31:54 AM4/22/09

In that situation, your prey receives the 6 pool from ousting,
correct? (In general simultaneous oustings don't grant pool to a
methuselah being ousted, but since Life Boon keeps them from being
ousted, I'm assuming they still get the pool.) In which case, it
would be better to use the Life Boon on your grandprey...

In which case, come to think of it, unless you just really want to
cycle the Life Boon or you're very concerned that your grandprey is
close to an oust, you'd be better off splitting the KRC differently
and not playing the Life Boon at all...

Blooded Sand

Apr 22, 2009, 8:37:14 AM4/22/09

Would it not be strictly better to play the life boon on grand prey,
leaving him on 1 pool, getting the VP for your prey, and then taking 1
pool from him during his untap phase?

Chris Berger

Apr 22, 2009, 8:55:23 AM4/22/09
On Apr 22, 7:37 am, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 22, 1:29 pm, Johannes Walch <johannes.wa...@vekn.de> wrote:
>
> > My prey and grandprey both have 2 pool. In my preys minion phase I tap
> > Enkil Cog to call a KRC dealing 2 damage to each meth. The votes passes,
> > both take the damage. I play Life Boon to save my prey with 1 pool but
> > steal the VP he wins from the grand-prey being ousted. Possible?
>
> Would it not be strictly better to play the life boon on grand prey,
> leaving him on 1 pool, getting the VP for your prey, and then taking 1
> pool from him during his untap phase?

Ooh, you're right. I didn't think about the taking pool part of Life
Boon. I retract the second part of my post where after saying that
you should play the Life Boon on your prey, I said that you should
just split the KRC differently and forget the Life Boon. That was
wrong, wrong, wrong... ;)

Blooded Sand

Apr 22, 2009, 9:43:35 AM4/22/09

Of course for ultra nastiness, you could always try to throw in a last
stand there. Whoooooo!
;)