New SoC preview: Dr. Morrow, The Skindoctor

pallando

Mar 6, 2007, 9:49:18 AM3/6/07
Dr. Morrow, The Skindoctor
Tzimisce, 5, for AUS VIC
Sabbat. Black Hand: Morrow may put a graft counter on an ally as a D action.
An ally with a graft counter has -1 stealth.

Pretty good value for a 5 cap!

It seems that the ability wouldn't stack if several counters were put on the
same ally.

--
regards

pallando
---------------------
pallando(at)gmx(dot)at

Blooded Sand

Mar 6, 2007, 11:35:47 AM3/6/07

it follows the for x get y formula, so why would it not stack? it does
not that an ally with any graft counters, or an ally with garft
counterS gets -1 stealth, but that an ally with A graft counter gets
-1 stealth (emphasis mine) surely taht reads per counter then?

Jozxyqk

Mar 6, 2007, 11:56:08 AM3/6/07
Blooded Sand <sand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it follows the for x get y formula, so why would it not stack? it does
> not that an ally with any graft counters, or an ally with garft
> counterS gets -1 stealth, but that an ally with A graft counter gets
> -1 stealth (emphasis mine) surely taht reads per counter then?

I believe it does not stack.

Does an ally with 1 graft counter have a graft counter? Yes. He gets -1 stealth.

Does an ally with 2 graft counters have a graft counter? Yes. He gets -1 stealth.

sathriel

Mar 6, 2007, 11:58:54 AM3/6/07

> I believe it does not stack.
>
> Does an ally with 1 graft counter have a graft counter? Yes. He gets -1 stealth.
>
> Does an ally with 2 graft counters have a graft counter? Yes. He gets -1 stealth.

Im, with Jozxyqk on this one. Ally gets - 1 stealth if he has one
graft counter. It doesn't change anything if he has more. Otherwise it
would be spelled "ally hets -1 stealth for each graft counter
possesed.

My $0,02.

Sathriel

LSJ

Mar 6, 2007, 12:00:22 PM3/6/07

You may stack counters.

An ally with a graft counter has -1 stealth.

An ally with two graft counters has -1 stealth, since he has a graft counter.
An ally with ten graft counters has -1 stealth, since he has a graft counter.

Jozxyqk

Mar 6, 2007, 1:15:51 PM3/6/07

Do Graft Counters on Jake Washington count as "counters on a master card", for
purposes of Goth Band?

(I think "no", for the same reason that his life counters don't, but it's worth
a shot)

LSJ

Mar 6, 2007, 1:30:52 PM3/6/07
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Do Graft Counters on Jake Washington count as "counters on a master card", for
> purposes of Goth Band?
>
> (I think "no", for the same reason that his life counters don't, but it's worth
> a shot)

Since that reason is "he's not a master card while in play", you'd be correct.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/929b5ba5834be7dd
(At least you didn't call him Jack this time :-).

librarian

Mar 6, 2007, 2:27:08 PM3/6/07

Well, life counters aren't really counters, they are merely reminders of
how much life he has. Graft counters are explicitly counters per card
text, and as such would be manipulable by Goth Band.

chris

thursday I don't care about you

--
Super Fun Cards
http://myworld.ebay.com/superfuncards/

Jozxyqk

Mar 6, 2007, 2:41:00 PM3/6/07
librarian <auct...@superfuncards.com> wrote:

> Well, life counters aren't really counters, they are merely reminders of
> how much life he has. Graft counters are explicitly counters per card
> text, and as such would be manipulable by Goth Band.

That's wrong.
Life counters really do exist, as in 6.1.5:
"When an ally is brought into play (by any means), he receives blood
counters from the blood bank to represent his life (listed on the
ally's card)."

But, as LSJ says, Jake Washington is not considered a Master Card
while in play, so those counters (life, graft, corruption, etc..)
are just counters on an ally, and not counters on a Master card.

librarian

Mar 6, 2007, 2:46:17 PM3/6/07
Jozxyqk wrote:
> librarian <auct...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, life counters aren't really counters, they are merely reminders of
>> how much life he has. Graft counters are explicitly counters per card
>> text, and as such would be manipulable by Goth Band.
>
> That's wrong.
> Life counters really do exist, as in 6.1.5:
> "When an ally is brought into play (by any means), he receives blood
> counters from the blood bank to represent his life (listed on the
> ally's card)."

Haha! That just goes to show you why I never answer rules questions on
this NG! If I answer a rules question on the NG, just assume the right
answer is the opposite.

best -

chris