Proper use of 'Save Face'

0 vue

Shawn D

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 14:52:0718/07/2002
1.) First post here. I've been reading for
quite some time though.

2.) Here's the text for 'Save Face':

Save Face [FN]
Cardtype: Combat

Usable only by an untapped vampire not involved
in the current combat. Only usable during the
press step if both combatants are still ready.
Choose a younger vampire of the same clan who
is involved in the combat. The chosen vampire
gets a mandatory press, only usable to continue
combat. If the chosen combatant is still ready
after the combat ends, he or she gains 1 blood
from the blood bank. Only one Save Face may be
played each combat.

-------------

This has the combat card symbol on it.

My question is this :

Does this "untapped vampire not involved in the
current combat" tap to give the mandatory press
to the "younger vampire of the same clan"?

My first impression was that this behaved like
'Hidden Lurker'; however, 'Hidden Lurker' is an
action card. (I'm currently not going by the CE
ruling of what an action card is)

Help?

Thanks in advance.

-Shawn D

LSJ

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 14:55:1218/07/2002
Shawn D wrote:
> Save Face [FN]

> Does this "untapped vampire not involved in the
> current combat" tap to give the mandatory press
> to the "younger vampire of the same clan"?

No.

> My first impression was that this behaved like
> 'Hidden Lurker'; however, 'Hidden Lurker' is an
> action card. (I'm currently not going by the CE
> ruling of what an action card is)

Hidden Lurker is an action modifier, not an action.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Shawn D

non lue,
18 juil. 2002, 18:31:0918/07/2002
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3D370F10...@white-wolf.com>...

> Hidden Lurker is an action modifier, not an action.

Whoops! My bad. Thanks for the reminder.

-Shawn D.

evil_p...@moc.oohay.yahoo.com

non lue,
19 juil. 2002, 22:04:3619/07/2002
On 18 Jul 2002 11:52:07 -0700, lost...@earthlink.net (Shawn D)
wrote:

>Save Face [FN]
>Cardtype: Combat
>
>Usable only by an untapped vampire not involved
>in the current combat. Only usable during the
>press step if both combatants are still ready.
>Choose a younger vampire of the same clan who
>is involved in the combat. The chosen vampire
>gets a mandatory press, only usable to continue
>combat. If the chosen combatant is still ready
>after the combat ends, he or she gains 1 blood
>from the blood bank. Only one Save Face may be
>played each combat.

Here are two more questions...if someone else's minion is named by
Save Face, can that minion's controller press to end afterwards? Does
the 'no multiple press' rule (6.4.4?) apply to presses granted to a
minion by other players?

And on the flipside: can Save Face be played on a minion that has
already pressed to end?

Shawn D

non lue,
21 juil. 2002, 14:03:2021/07/2002
evil_p...@moc.oohay.yahoo.com wrote in message news:<k7hhjugipg4in96br...@4ax.com>...

> Here are two more questions...if someone else's minion is named by
> Save Face, can that minion's controller press to end afterwards? Does
> the 'no multiple press' rule (6.4.4?) apply to presses granted to a
> minion by other players?
>
> And on the flipside: can Save Face be played on a minion that has
> already pressed to end?

For tactical reasons, I'd be keenly interested
in knowing this as well. Any takers?

-Shawn D

LSJ

non lue,
22 juil. 2002, 07:32:3522/07/2002
evil_p...@moc.oohay.yahoo.com wrote:
> Here are two more questions...if someone else's minion is named by
> Save Face, can that minion's controller press to end afterwards? Does

No.

> the 'no multiple press' rule (6.4.4?) apply to presses granted to a
> minion by other players?

Yes. The rule cares about who pressed (the combatant).
Save Face forces the combatant to press.
He cannot cancel his own press.

> And on the flipside: can Save Face be played on a minion that has
> already pressed to end?

No.

0 nouveau message