Veil the Legions Q [LSJ]

1 view

Orpheus

May 25, 2007, 3:39:09 PM5/25/07
Relevant text :

[obf] Only usable by a ready, untapped vampire other than the acting minion
you control. The acting minion gets +1 stealth. Only one Veil the Legions
may be played each action. [OBF] As above, and this vampire may burn X
additional blood to give +1 stealth to the next X actions your minions
perform this turn. Only one Veil the Legions can be played at superior each
turn.

I'd like to know what are the "next X actions" when DI or DT are involved :

I pay enough blood to Veil 3 actions. I do 2.

- the third one is a political action, and is delayed ; do I get +1 stealth
on the replacement action that my minion will attempt ?

- same question if the action is Directed instead of delayed (funny, I put a
capital D on Directed, not delayed, wonder why...)

T.I.A.
--------
OMMV but IANLSJ

Orpheus

LSJ

May 25, 2007, 3:45:00 PM5/25/07
Orpheus wrote:
> Relevant text :
>
> [obf] Only usable by a ready, untapped vampire other than the acting minion
> you control. The acting minion gets +1 stealth. Only one Veil the Legions
> may be played each action. [OBF] As above, and this vampire may burn X
> additional blood to give +1 stealth to the next X actions your minions
> perform this turn. Only one Veil the Legions can be played at superior each
> turn.
>
> I'd like to know what are the "next X actions" when DI or DT are involved :
>
> I pay enough blood to Veil 3 actions. I do 2.
>
> - the third one is a political action, and is delayed ; do I get +1 stealth
> on the replacement action that my minion will attempt ?

No. The action existed. It even reached resolution.

> - same question if the action is Directed instead of delayed (funny, I put a
> capital D on Directed, not delayed, wonder why...)

Yes. The action card is canceled (not the action). Canceling the action card
means the action is never begun. The action never exists.

François

May 25, 2007, 3:58:08 PM5/25/07

If that third action was cancelled before resolution, with Tangle
Atropos' Hand for example, would the next one be at +1 stealth ?

If that third action was cancelled after resolution (using Red Herring
or Krassimir's ability), would the next one be at +1 stealth ?

Thank you,

Francois

LSJ

May 25, 2007, 9:24:28 PM5/25/07
François wrote:
> On May 25, 9:45 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Orpheus wrote:
>>> Relevant text :
>>> [obf] Only usable by a ready, untapped vampire other than the acting minion
>>> you control. The acting minion gets +1 stealth. Only one Veil the Legions
>>> may be played each action. [OBF] As above, and this vampire may burn X
>>> additional blood to give +1 stealth to the next X actions your minions
>>> perform this turn. Only one Veil the Legions can be played at superior each
>>> turn.
>>> I'd like to know what are the "next X actions" when DI or DT are involved :
>>> I pay enough blood to Veil 3 actions. I do 2.
>>> - the third one is a political action, and is delayed ; do I get +1 stealth
>>> on the replacement action that my minion will attempt ?
>> No. The action existed. It even reached resolution.
>>
>>> - same question if the action is Directed instead of delayed (funny, I put a
>>> capital D on Directed, not delayed, wonder why...)
>> Yes. The action card is canceled (not the action). Canceling the action card
>> means the action is never begun. The action never exists.
>
> If that third action was cancelled before resolution, with Tangle
> Atropos' Hand for example, would the next one be at +1 stealth ?

No. It existed.

> If that third action was cancelled after resolution (using Red Herring
> or Krassimir's ability), would the next one be at +1 stealth ?

No.