Raw Recruit question

Chaitan

Feb 5, 2010, 10:14:00 AM2/5/10
Raw Recruit (HttB:R)
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Gargoyle
+1 stealth action. requires a slave.
(D) Put this card in play and move a vampire in torpor to this card,
out of play. A vampire you control to whom this Gargoyle is a slave
may remove that vampire from the game as a +1 stealth action to turn
this card into a Gargoyle with the same capacity and Fortitude,
Potence, Visceratika and flight, enslaved to the acting vampire's
clan.

The new Gargoyle gain disciplines from what source? The previously
torporized vampire on this card, the gargoyle who put Raw Recruit in
play or the vampire you control who take the action to create this new
gargoyle?

BeAst

Feb 5, 2010, 10:24:04 AM2/5/10

I'm not sure I understand the question.

The Raw Recruit card becomes an X (where X is the capacity of the
removed vampire) capacity gargoyle with for pot vis and flight. It
doesn't retain anything from the removed vampire, nor gain anything
from the gargoyle creating it (other than its existence).

ta

tobinator

Feb 5, 2010, 10:27:20 AM2/5/10

IANLSJ, but there is no "source" for the skills. The card simply
represents a Garg vamp, enslaved to appropriate clan with for, pot,
vis, and flight with cap equal to removed vamp.

One confirmation needed: would the blood counters (if any) on the vamp
move to the Recruit or not? I assume not because no mention is made.
Meaning the Recruit would have to hunt once it comes into the ready
region.

-tpl

LSJ

Feb 5, 2010, 10:37:39 AM2/5/10

Correct. I think he meant to ask about the source of the capacity (not
the source of the Disciplines, which is "card text").

LSJ

Feb 5, 2010, 10:44:08 AM2/5/10
On Feb 5, 10:27 am, tobinator <tobin.lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 8:14 am, Chaitan <the.papasm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Raw Recruit (HttB:R)
> > Cardtype: Action
> > Clan: Gargoyle
> > +1 stealth action. requires a slave.
> > (D) Put this card in play and move a vampire in torpor to this card,
> > out of play. A vampire you control to whom this Gargoyle is a slave
> > may remove that vampire from the game as a +1 stealth action to turn
> > this card into a Gargoyle with the same capacity and Fortitude,
> > Potence, Visceratika and flight, enslaved to the acting vampire's
> > clan.
>
> One confirmation needed: would the blood counters (if any) on the vamp
> move to the Recruit or not? I assume not because no mention is made.
> Meaning the Recruit would have to hunt once it comes into the ready
> region.

Correct.

Rehlow

Feb 5, 2010, 11:04:23 AM2/5/10
> the source of the Disciplines, which is "card text").- Hide quoted text -

The first couple of readings I understood it as the same capacity and
same level of fortitude, potence, visceratika and flight as the source
vampire, but then it would have been written differently and pretty
crappy because you wouldn't get vis and flight very often.

Later,
~Rehlow

Myrdin

Feb 5, 2010, 12:08:46 PM2/5/10

This would be a kinda nice addition to a tupdog deck, no need to burn
the vamps in combat anymore =).

/Ivan

John P.

Feb 5, 2010, 12:13:21 PM2/5/10
On Feb 5, 9:14 am, Chaitan <the.papasm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Raw Recruit (HttB:R)
> Cardtype: Action
> Clan: Gargoyle
> +1 stealth action. requires a slave.
> (D) Put this card in play and move a vampire in torpor to this card,
> out of play. A vampire you control to whom this Gargoyle is a slave
> may remove that vampire from the game as a +1 stealth action to turn
> this card into a Gargoyle with the same capacity and Fortitude,
> Potence, Visceratika and flight, enslaved to the acting vampire's
> clan.

Wow... that text makes my head spin. Just to be sure I understand
this:

So lets say I have a Tupdog (Gargoyle slave to !Tremere)), and Ian
Forrestal (!Tremere). In torpor is everyone's favorite Arika.

The Tupdog puts the Raw Recruit in play and moves Arika to the card,
Arika is now out of play. Ian can then remove Arika from the game as
an action to spawn the raw recruit as an 11 capacity gargoyle, !
Tremere slave. Raw recruit has basic levels of fortitude, potence, and
visceratika, and has flight, and starts with 0 blood.

Can it act the turn it is created?

Thanks,

John P.
Winnipeg

librarian

Feb 5, 2010, 12:30:18 PM2/5/10

Why not? Well, reading the card as printed, there is
nothing that says the card moves to the ready region. The
last place it was was "out of play" on the card.

LSJ, although the intent is clear, from the text above, I
don't see anything that says the Raw Recruit moves to the
ready region.

best -

chris

LSJ

Feb 5, 2010, 12:46:49 PM2/5/10
On Feb 5, 12:30 pm, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> John P. wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 9:14 am, Chaitan <the.papasm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Raw Recruit (HttB:R)
> >> Cardtype: Action
> >> Clan: Gargoyle
> >> +1 stealth action. requires a slave.
> >> (D) Put this card in play and move a vampire in torpor to this card,
> >> out of play. A vampire you control to whom this Gargoyle is a slave
> >> may remove that vampire from the game as a +1 stealth action to turn
> >> this card into a Gargoyle with the same capacity and Fortitude,
> >> Potence, Visceratika and flight, enslaved to the acting vampire's
> >> clan.
>
> > Wow... that text makes my head spin. Just to be sure I understand
> > this:
>
> > So lets say I have a Tupdog (Gargoyle slave to !Tremere)), and Ian
> > Forrestal (!Tremere). In torpor is everyone's favorite Arika.
>
> > The Tupdog puts the Raw Recruit in play and moves Arika to the card,
> > Arika is now out of play. Ian can then remove Arika from the game as
> > an action to spawn the raw recruit as an 11 capacity gargoyle, !
> > Tremere slave. Raw recruit has basic levels of fortitude, potence, and
> > visceratika, and has flight, and starts with 0 blood.
>
> > Can it act the turn it is created?

Yes.

> Why not?  Well, reading the card as printed, there is
> nothing that says the card moves to the ready region.

True. It doesn't move there. It remains there. It was placed there
when it was played. Card text "put this card in play".

>  The
> last place it was was "out of play" on the card.

? The card is in play. The vampire on it is out of play. Card text.

> LSJ, although the intent is clear, from the text above, I
> don't see anything that says the Raw Recruit moves to the
> ready region.

Sure. But card text clearly has it played into the ready region, where
it remains.

librarian

Feb 5, 2010, 12:58:32 PM2/5/10

Gotcha, I was seeing the vamp out of play, but now see the
RR card goes "in play". My bad.

best -

chris