Sunset Strip question

floppyzedolfin

Apr 14, 2010, 11:00:20 AM4/14/10
Hello,

Can you tap Sunset Strip, Hollywood for stealth on hunt actions
- outside a hunt action?
- during a hunt action, even when there's no block attempt ?
- during a hunt action, when there's a block attempt with intercept >=
stealth, and only in those conditions ?
- when the one vampire in play is attempting a hunt action for which
there is an attempt to block with intercept >= stealth, and only with
those conditions?

Thanks

~~

Sunset Strip, Hollywood
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location.
Tap to give all vampires +1 stealth on hunt actions until your next
untap phase. Tap to reduce the cost to recruit a mortal ally or
{employ a} mortal retainer by 1 blood or pool (but never less than 0
blood or pool).

LSJ

Apr 14, 2010, 11:27:35 AM4/14/10
On Apr 14, 11:00 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you tap Sunset Strip, Hollywood for stealth on hunt actions
> - outside a hunt action?

Yes.

> - during a hunt action, even when there's no block attempt ?

Moot, since it won't ever come up, but no.

> - during a hunt action, when there's a block attempt with intercept >=
> stealth, and only in those conditions ?

No.

During a hunt when stealth is needed: yes.
Only then: no (see above).

> - when the one vampire in play is attempting a hunt action for which
> there is an attempt to block with intercept >= stealth, and only with
> those conditions?

Only when there's only one vampire in play?
Um. No. It isn't that restrictive.

Vincent

Apr 14, 2010, 2:26:01 PM4/14/10

Said otherwise: there is no restriction on the first use of Sunset
Strip. You can tap it anytime you could tap a Barrens for instance.

floppyzedolfin

Apr 14, 2010, 2:28:05 PM4/14/10
On 14 avr, 20:26, Vincent <v.rip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 avr, 17:27, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 14, 11:00 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Can you tap Sunset Strip, Hollywood for stealth on hunt actions
> > > - outside a hunt action?
>
> > Yes.
>
> > > - during a hunt action, even when there's no block attempt ?
>
> > Moot, since it won't ever come up, but no.
>
> > > - during a hunt action, when there's a block attempt with intercept >=
> > > stealth, and only in those conditions ?
>
> > No.
>
> > During a hunt when stealth is needed: yes.
> > Only then: no (see above).
>
> > > - when the one vampire in play is attempting a hunt action for which
> > > there is an attempt to block with intercept >= stealth, and only with
> > > those conditions?
>
> > Only when there's only one vampire in play?
> > Um. No. It isn't that restrictive.
>
> Said otherwise: there is no restriction on the first use of Sunset
> Strip. You can tap it anytime you could tap a Barrens for instance.

No. Can't tap it on a hunt action when stealth is not needed. Could
tap if before or afterwards though.

Vincent

Apr 16, 2010, 3:35:03 AM4/16/10

I think you refer to LSJ's anwer.

>> - during a hunt action, when there's a block attempt with intercept >=
>> stealth, and only in those conditions ?

>No.
>During a hunt when stealth is needed: yes.
>Only then: no (see above).

Maybe did I misunderstand his anwser, but for me, his "no" is detailed
in the two following sentences and means "your assumption is wrong,
let me explain".

I don't read that you can't use it when stealth is not needed during a
hunt action.

floppyzedolfin

Apr 16, 2010, 4:16:37 AM4/16/10
On Apr 16, 9:35 am, Vincent <v.rip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe did I misunderstand his anwser, but for me, his "no" is detailed
> in the two following sentences and means "your assumption is wrong,
> let me explain".
>
> I don't read that you can't use it when stealth is not needed during a
> hunt action.

I indeed referred to LSJ's answers to my questions.

a/ Can I tap Sunset Strip, Hollywood when we're not during a Hunt
action?
-> Yes (first answer).

b/ Can I tap Sunset Strip, Hollywood when we're during a Hunt action,
but stealth is not needed?
-> No (extrapolation, I admit, from second answer).

c/ Can I tap Sunset Strip, Hollywood when stealth is needed on during
a Hunt action?
-> Yes (third and fourth answers).

I read LSJ's "no." in his third answer as a reminder of the first
answer (it can be tapped outside a hunt action, which means it can be
tapped when we're not " during a hunt action, [and] there's a block
attempt with intercept >= stealth")

LSJ

Apr 16, 2010, 9:39:46 AM4/16/10
On Apr 16, 4:16 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 16, 9:35 am, Vincent <v.rip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Maybe did I misunderstand his anwser, but for me, his "no" is detailed
> > in the two following sentences and means "your assumption is wrong,
> > let me explain".
>
> > I don't read that you can't use it when stealth is not needed during a
> > hunt action.
>
> I indeed referred to LSJ's answers to my questions.
>
> a/ Can I tap Sunset Strip, Hollywood when we're not during a Hunt
> action?
> -> Yes (first answer).

Correct.

> b/ Can I tap Sunset Strip, Hollywood when we're during a Hunt action,
> but stealth is not needed?
> -> No (extrapolation, I admit, from second answer).

Correct.

> c/ Can I tap Sunset Strip, Hollywood when stealth is needed on during
> a Hunt action?
> -> Yes (third and fourth answers).
>
> I read LSJ's "no." in his third answer as a reminder of the first
> answer (it can be tapped outside a hunt action, which means it can be
> tapped when we're not " during a hunt action, [and] there's a block
> attempt with intercept >= stealth")

Correct.

To sum up:

It can be tapped when doing so doesn't add stealth (a)
It can be tapped when doing so adds stealth, provided that stealth is
needed (c)

But

It cannot be tapped when doing so adds stealth when stealth is not
needed. (b)

Or, more concisely: It can be used at any time, so long as using it
doesn't violate the prohibition against adding stealth when stealth
isn't needed.