Daughter of Cacophany questions

10 vues

Jozxyqk

non lue,
22 févr. 2002, 09:58:5422/02/2002
A couple of questions about the Daughters:

1) Is it still considered "during the Influence Phase" when you've brought
a vampire into play at the end? Can Angela Preston immediately tap to
use her ability?

2) If a vampire is holding onto a vote after playing Echo of Harmonies at
Superior, when she burns it to call the vote, do you gain the 1 vote
from the political action card? If not, can her controller burn a vote
card from his hand to gain a vote?

LSJ

non lue,
22 févr. 2002, 10:25:3922/02/2002
Jozxyqk wrote:
> 1) Is it still considered "during the Influence Phase" when you've brought
> a vampire into play at the end? Can Angela Preston immediately tap to
> use her ability?

Yes.

> 2) If a vampire is holding onto a vote after playing Echo of Harmonies at
> Superior, when she burns it to call the vote, do you gain the 1 vote
> from the political action card? If not, can her controller burn a vote
> card from his hand to gain a vote?

No. Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Gomi no Sensei

non lue,
22 févr. 2002, 13:15:4622/02/2002
In article <3C7662F3...@white-wolf.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>Jozxyqk wrote:
>> 1) Is it still considered "during the Influence Phase" when you've brought
>> a vampire into play at the end? Can Angela Preston immediately tap to
>> use her ability?
>
>Yes.

Is this true? [7] states that vampires are moved into play at the _end_
of the influence phase. It appears to me that flipping the vampire
face up implicitly ends the influence phase -- meaning that Angela
Preston can't use her ability, and the additional transfers granted by
Ingrid Rossler can't be used.

Is there a post-end of influence phase window where the influence phase
has ended, but it's still the influence phase?

confused,

gomi
--
Blood, guts, guns, cuts
Knives, lives, wives, nuns, sluts

LSJ

non lue,
22 févr. 2002, 13:19:4322/02/2002
Gomi no Sensei wrote:
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> >Jozxyqk wrote:
> >> 1) Is it still considered "during the Influence Phase" when you've brought
> >> a vampire into play at the end? Can Angela Preston immediately tap to
> >> use her ability?
> >
> >Yes.
>
> Is this true? [7] states that vampires are moved into play at the _end_
> of the influence phase. It appears to me that flipping the vampire
> face up implicitly ends the influence phase -- meaning that Angela
> Preston can't use her ability, and the additional transfers granted by
> Ingrid Rossler can't be used.
>
> Is there a post-end of influence phase window where the influence phase
> has ended, but it's still the influence phase?

Hmm. Right you are. I was mistakenly paralleling Angela's ability with
Alexandra's.

Sten During

non lue,
25 févr. 2002, 05:04:0625/02/2002

LSJ wrote:

> Gomi no Sensei wrote:
>
>>LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

>>>Yes.
>>>
>>Is this true? [7] states that vampires are moved into play at the _end_
>>of the influence phase. It appears to me that flipping the vampire
>>face up implicitly ends the influence phase -- meaning that Angela
>>Preston can't use her ability, and the additional transfers granted by
>>Ingrid Rossler can't be used.
>>
>>Is there a post-end of influence phase window where the influence phase
>>has ended, but it's still the influence phase?
>>

> Hmm. Right you are. I was mistakenly paralleling Angela's ability with
> Alexandra's.

Ok, but if I influence up two vampires, one of which is Angela, then I
get to choose in which order I do that, and tapping may be done anytime
unless otherwise specified. After Angela comes into play, even though
that is at the end of my influencephase there still has to be some
influencephase left before vampire number two is influenced, and that
tiny timewindow ought to be enough. Cornercase, yes I know.

Sten During

LSJ

non lue,
25 févr. 2002, 06:36:0325/02/2002
Sten During wrote:
> Ok, but if I influence up two vampires, one of which is Angela, then I
> get to choose in which order I do that, and tapping may be done anytime
> unless otherwise specified. After Angela comes into play, even though
> that is at the end of my influencephase there still has to be some
> influencephase left before vampire number two is influenced, and that
> tiny timewindow ought to be enough. Cornercase, yes I know.

Good effort, but still won't work. Once you reach the end of your
influence phase, you cannot do any "during your influence phase" stuff.

Sten During

non lue,
25 févr. 2002, 08:34:5625/02/2002

LSJ wrote:

> Sten During wrote:
>
>>Ok, but if I influence up two vampires, one of which is Angela, then I
>>get to choose in which order I do that, and tapping may be done anytime
>>unless otherwise specified. After Angela comes into play, even though
>>that is at the end of my influencephase there still has to be some
>>influencephase left before vampire number two is influenced, and that
>>tiny timewindow ought to be enough. Cornercase, yes I know.
>>

> Good effort, but still won't work. Once you reach the end of your
> influence phase, you cannot do any "during your influence phase" stuff.

I almost thought you'd respond that way *grin*. Well, a good try is
better than no try at all :)

Sten During

Raille

non lue,
25 févr. 2002, 13:30:0725/02/2002

To sum up.

All Vampires are brought into play simultaneously at the end of the
influence phase.

Raille

LSJ

non lue,
25 févr. 2002, 13:37:0025/02/2002
Raille wrote:
> All Vampires are brought into play simultaneously at the end of the
> influence phase.

Mostly.
You still have to "order" them so that two Jimmy Dunn's or two
scarce vampires of the same clan are handled properly.

Raille

non lue,
25 févr. 2002, 18:53:3525/02/2002

LSJ wrote:

> Raille wrote:
> > All Vampires are brought into play simultaneously at the end of the
> > influence phase.
>
> Mostly.
> You still have to "order" them so that two Jimmy Dunn's or two
> scarce vampires of the same clan are handled properly.

Or you could take the evil stand that if you bring 2 Jimmies out at the
same time they both burn, since they arrive on the scene at the same
time.

As for 2 scare vampires. Unless new scare vampires come out in future
sets, its not really an issue. You can say they both pay the extra 3
pool. ;0

Raille

0 nouveau message