LSJ, Jerry, What vampires are eligible for movement, ready, controlled, uncontrolled?

3 vues

Matt

non lue,
10 déc. 2001, 20:23:1210/12/2001
The card text on Jerry says

Chicago Circle : During your master phase, you may move any amount of
blood from the Blood Brothers in the Chicago Circle to any other Blood
Brothers in this circle. Sterile.

I'm assuming this only functions once Jerry is ready. Can you then
move blood freely from controlled vampires to uncontrolled vampires?
And vice versa?

So on turn one you bring out Tom. On turn two you bring out Jerry.
Turn three turn you transfer all his and Tom's blood to other chicago
vampires, and bring out 2 more chicago vamps on turn 3. Turn four you
transfer from these two new ones to bring out 2 more. From turn 5 on,
you transer 2 blood to a duplicate Jerry vampire in your uncontrolled
to profit 2 per turn when you transfer that back to your pool.

As much as I would love to do this I assume this is not the case.

Going back and looking at other vampires that used to say, move from
these vamps to these vamps they all now say move to these ready vamps.
If it is meant to target unctrolled vampires it always says so, as
far as I can tell.

Wisefool
Mercuriel

James Coupe

non lue,
10 déc. 2001, 20:57:4710/12/2001
In message <589ebf00.01121...@posting.google.com>, Matt

<mathi...@hotmail.com> writes:
>The card text on Jerry says
>
>Chicago Circle : During your master phase, you may move any amount of
>blood from the Blood Brothers in the Chicago Circle to any other Blood
>Brothers in this circle. Sterile.

The text only functions when Jerry is ready, as with any other card.

It also functions under [1.6.1.5]:

Targets: If a card is played on another card, or selects or
chooses or otherwise targets another card, the target card must
be controlled. Vampires in the torpor region are eligible
targets by default, but vampires in the uncontrolled region and
contested cards are not.

Explicit card text is needed to over-rule this.

--
James Coupe PGP 0x5D623D5D It's been a long road, getting from there to here
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA213D7E It's been a long time, and my time is finally near

Santiago

non lue,
11 déc. 2001, 01:28:1311/12/2001
In article <589ebf00.01121...@posting.google.com>,
mathi...@hotmail.com (Matt) wrote:

>The card text on Jerry says
>
>Chicago Circle : During your master phase, you may move any amount of
>blood from the Blood Brothers in the Chicago Circle to any other Blood
>Brothers in this circle. Sterile.

I notice that it just says Blood Brothers, not your Blood Brothers.
Does that mean that if I have Jerry out I can plunder other players'
Chicago Circle Blood Brothers of all their blood?

Mail: santiago [at] umug [dot] org || Web: http://santiago.umug.org
"Ceci n'est pas un 'sig block'."

....salem christ....

non lue,
11 déc. 2001, 02:22:3311/12/2001
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, James Coupe wrote:

> In message <589ebf00.01121...@posting.google.com>, Matt
> <mathi...@hotmail.com> writes:
> >The card text on Jerry says
> >
> >Chicago Circle : During your master phase, you may move any amount of
> >blood from the Blood Brothers in the Chicago Circle to any other Blood
> >Brothers in this circle. Sterile.
>
> The text only functions when Jerry is ready, as with any other card.

except LSJ said that vampire's specials can be used even from torpor, as
long as the special's wording doesn't require the vampire to be ready (eg:
Mariel, Lady Thunder).

> > It also functions under [1.6.1.5]:
>
> Targets: If a card is played on another card, or selects or
> chooses or otherwise targets another card, the target card must
> be controlled. Vampires in the torpor region are eligible
> targets by default, but vampires in the uncontrolled region and
> contested cards are not.
>
> Explicit card text is needed to over-rule this.

agreed. O:)

salem

LSJ

non lue,
11 déc. 2001, 06:27:1211/12/2001
Matt wrote:

> The card text on Jerry says
>
> Chicago Circle : During your master phase, you may move any amount of
> blood from the Blood Brothers in the Chicago Circle to any other Blood
> Brothers in this circle. Sterile.
>
> I'm assuming this only functions once Jerry is ready. Can you then

No. It functions while he's controlled. Torpor or ready.

> move blood freely from controlled vampires to uncontrolled vampires?
> And vice versa?

No. [1.6.1.5]

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

GreySeer

non lue,
11 déc. 2001, 06:27:4611/12/2001
"Santiago" <sant...@nastyPinkCannedMeat.umug.org> wrote in message

> In article <589ebf00.01121...@posting.google.com>,
> mathi...@hotmail.com (Matt) wrote:
>
> >The card text on Jerry says
> >
> >Chicago Circle : During your master phase, you may move any amount of
> >blood from the Blood Brothers in the Chicago Circle to any other Blood
> >Brothers in this circle. Sterile.
>
> I notice that it just says Blood Brothers, not your Blood Brothers.
> Does that mean that if I have Jerry out I can plunder other players'
> Chicago Circle Blood Brothers of all their blood?

You certainly can until someone errata's the card. Although if two meths in
the same game are both playing Chicago Circle then you're up for some
serious contestage and should probably be nice to each other.

LSJ

non lue,
11 déc. 2001, 06:27:4211/12/2001
Santiago wrote:

> In article <589ebf00.01121...@posting.google.com>,
> mathi...@hotmail.com (Matt) wrote:
>
> >The card text on Jerry says
> >
> >Chicago Circle : During your master phase, you may move any amount of
> >blood from the Blood Brothers in the Chicago Circle to any other Blood
> >Brothers in this circle. Sterile.
>
> I notice that it just says Blood Brothers, not your Blood Brothers.
> Does that mean that if I have Jerry out I can plunder other players'
> Chicago Circle Blood Brothers of all their blood?

Yes.

James Coupe

non lue,
11 déc. 2001, 09:45:1611/12/2001
In message <Pine.SOL.3.90.1011211182106.23815B-100000@bohm>, ....salem

christ.... <s940...@bohm.anu.edu.au> writes:
>> The text only functions when Jerry is ready, as with any other card.
>
>except LSJ said that vampire's specials can be used even from torpor,

I meant controlled. Doh.

0 nouveau message