(LSJ) Ravnos Carnival + cards not played as usual

floppyzedolfin

Oct 20, 2009, 7:57:01 AM10/20/09
Hello,

a/ Ezmeralda plays Charming Lobby and calls My Kin Against the World,
setting X=5. Can she use counters from the Ravnos Carnival to pay for
My Kin Against the World's cost?

b/ A Ravnos plays Pack Alpha inf' + Raven Spy. Can he use the counters
from the Ravnos Carnival to pay for the Raven Spy?

This post: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/63424ff5ae4c5409
("do magic with an action card played by a vampire") makes me think
both answers are "No".

Thanks.

===

Ravnos Carnival
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Ravnos
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location.
Put X currency counters on this card when you play it, where X is the
number of Ravnos you control. When a Ravnos you control performs an
action, you may use these currency counters toward the cost in blood
(but not pool) of the action card. Burn this card when the last
counter is removed.

Charming Lobby
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Presence
+1 stealth political action.
[pre] This vampire calls a referendum listed on a political action
card in your hand (play that card) or allowed by an effect in play. If
the referendum passes, then the next referendum called by any vampire
thereafter passes automatically.
[PRE] As above, and this vampire gains 2 votes in that first
referendum.

My Kin Against the World
Cardtype: Political Action
Cost: X blood
Choose X younger vampires of the same clan as this acting vampire. If
this vampire is Laibon, you may choose younger Laibon regardless of
clan. If this referendum passes, untap this acting vampire and the
chosen vampires. Only one My Kin Against the World can be called each
turn.

Pack Alpha
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Animalism
A vampire may play only one Pack Alpha each round.
[ani] {This vampire employs} an animal retainer from your hand before
range is determined. Pay cost as normal.
[ANI] Burn an animal retainer employed by this vampire and put this
card on this vampire. The minion with this card gets +1 strength. A
minion may have only one Pack Alpha.

Raven Spy
Cardtype: Retainer
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Animalism
Animal with 1 life.
[ani] This minion gets +1 intercept.
[ANI] As above, but the Raven Spy has 2 life.

Juggernaut1981

Oct 20, 2009, 5:12:08 PM10/20/09
On Oct 20, 10:57 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a/ Ezmeralda plays Charming Lobby and calls My Kin Against the World,
> setting X=5. Can she use counters from the Ravnos Carnival to pay for
> My Kin Against the World's cost?
>
> b/ A Ravnos plays Pack Alpha inf' + Raven Spy. Can he use the counters
> from the Ravnos Carnival to pay for the Raven Spy?
>
> This post:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/6342...

IANLSJ but Pack Alpha+Raven Spy is not an action, just a "recruit/
employ"... so No Carnival For You!

Charming Lobby + My Kin... not so sure...

LSJ

Oct 20, 2009, 7:36:54 PM10/20/09
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a/ Ezmeralda plays Charming Lobby and calls My Kin Against the World,
> setting X=5. Can she use counters from the Ravnos Carnival to pay for
> My Kin Against the World's cost?
>
> b/ A Ravnos plays Pack Alpha inf' + Raven Spy. Can he use the counters
> from the Ravnos Carnival to pay for the Raven Spy?
>

> This post: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/63424ff5ae4c5409
> ("do magic with an action card played by a vampire") makes me think
> both answers are "No".

Correct. "The action card" in a/ is Charming Lobby, and it has no cost.
You don't mention what the action is in b/, but it isn't Raven Spy.