[Q] Leather Jacket + Fidai

1 vue

Jack Crow

non lue,
9 août 2001, 22:35:1109/08/2001
Fidai taking equipment from another Fidai would become untapped at the
end of turn if successful?

James Coupe

non lue,
9 août 2001, 22:41:0209/08/2001
In message <3b734744....@news.flrtn1.occa.home.com>, Jack Crow
<no...@nowhere.com> writes

>Fidai taking equipment from another Fidai would become untapped at the
>end of turn if successful?

Fida'i's untap limiting text only applies to the "normal" untap in untap
phase.

All other effects work as normal.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1F

Max

non lue,
10 août 2001, 04:26:2010/08/2001
James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote in message news:<ugL7FVm+...@gratiano.zephyr.org.uk>...

> In message <3b734744....@news.flrtn1.occa.home.com>, Jack Crow
> <no...@nowhere.com> writes
> >Fidai taking equipment from another Fidai would become untapped at the
> >end of turn if successful?
>
> Fida'i's untap limiting text only applies to the "normal" untap in untap
> phase.
>
> All other effects work as normal.

What's the rule behind it ? Taking equipment from another minion
succesfully untaps the acting minion

JonCooper

non lue,
10 août 2001, 05:21:1110/08/2001
James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote in message news:<ugL7FVm+...@gratiano.zephyr.org.uk>...
> In message <3b734744....@news.flrtn1.occa.home.com>, Jack Crow
> <no...@nowhere.com> writes
> >Fidai taking equipment from another Fidai would become untapped at the
> >end of turn if successful?
>
> Fida'i's untap limiting text only applies to the "normal" untap in untap
> phase.
>
> All other effects work as normal.

Thought you only untapped from leather jacket at the initial equip
action? Does it still untap you if you grab another of your minions
jackets??? Shurely not Scaramanga.....

LSJ

non lue,
10 août 2001, 07:00:0710/08/2001
Max wrote:

> James Coupe <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote:
> > Jack Crow <no...@nowhere.com> writes:
> > >Fidai taking equipment from another Fidai would become untapped at the
> > >end of turn if successful?
> >
> > Fida'i's untap limiting text only applies to the "normal" untap in untap
> > phase.
> >
> > All other effects work as normal.
>
> What's the rule behind it ? Taking equipment from another minion
> succesfully untaps the acting minion

See the actual question being asked in the subject line (note to original
poster - it's a good idea to include the whole question in the body, to
avoid such confusion).

Taking a successful action to equip with the Leather Jacket untaps the acting
minion at the end of the turn, by card text.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ

non lue,
10 août 2001, 07:00:5510/08/2001

Card text indicates otherwise: "If the action to equip with the Leather
Jacket is successful, untap the acting minion at the end of the turn."

JonCooper

non lue,
10 août 2001, 08:56:0410/08/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3B73BEE7...@white-wolf.com>...

> JonCooper wrote:
> > Thought you only untapped from leather jacket at the initial equip
> > action? Does it still untap you if you grab another of your minions
> > jackets??? Shurely not Scaramanga.....
>
> Card text indicates otherwise: "If the action to equip with the Leather
> Jacket is successful, untap the acting minion at the end of the turn."

So fetching the jacket off another minion is classified as an equip
action?
Come to think of it, i dont know what else you could classify it
as...I take it transfering the jacket by other means would NOT untap
them eg/heidleburg, rave etc..

LSJ

non lue,
10 août 2001, 08:58:1310/08/2001
JonCooper wrote:

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3B73BEE7...@white-wolf.com>...
> > JonCooper wrote:
> > > Thought you only untapped from leather jacket at the initial equip
> > > action? Does it still untap you if you grab another of your minions
> > > jackets??? Shurely not Scaramanga.....
> >
> > Card text indicates otherwise: "If the action to equip with the Leather
> > Jacket is successful, untap the acting minion at the end of the turn."
>
> So fetching the jacket off another minion is classified as an equip
> action?

Yes, see [6.1.3]

> Come to think of it, i dont know what else you could classify it
> as...I take it transfering the jacket by other means would NOT untap
> them eg/heidleburg, rave etc..

No (correct), see card text, quoted above.

Max

non lue,
10 août 2001, 11:29:1610/08/2001
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3B73BEB7...@white-wolf.com>...

> See the actual question being asked in the subject line (note to original
> poster - it's a good idea to include the whole question in the body, to
> avoid such confusion).

That's exactly what happened. I got confused by message, as it did not
include the whole question.

> Taking a successful action to equip with the Leather Jacket untaps the acting
> minion at the end of the turn, by card text.

Thanks.

GP41

non lue,
11 août 2001, 00:17:3911/08/2001
> > > Card text indicates otherwise: "If the action to equip with the Leather
> > > Jacket is successful, untap the acting minion at the end of the turn."
> >
> > So fetching the jacket off another minion is classified as an equip
> > action?
>
> Yes, see [6.1.3]

So i could equip with Black Cat, then transfer with Anvil, and both
would untap at the end of the my turn. Right?

GP41

James Coupe

non lue,
11 août 2001, 00:21:5111/08/2001
In message <3B74B1E3...@videotron.ca>, GP41 <GP...@videotron.ca>
writes
>So i could equip

.... a Leather Jacket ....

>with Black Cat, then transfer with Anvil, and both
>would untap at the end of the my turn. Right?

Yes. Equip action covers both equipping with a card from your hand and
the movement of a card between two minions, so Leather Jacket's text
applies to any minion equipping it.

0 nouveau message