Mediocre Symposium

Jozxyqk

Mar 5, 2010, 11:58:46 AM3/5/10
Great Symposium's text:
Search your crypt for a Kiasyd and put that vampire in your uncontrolled
region. Then distribute 3 blood from the bank among one or more Kiasyds
+in your uncontrolled region. Only one Great Symposium can be played in a
game.

A two-part question, with my thoughts on answers:

A) If I play this card, search my crypt and don't find any Kiasyd, can I
still add 3 blood to uncontrolled Kiasyd?

I think yes. The card text says "Then" and not "If".

B) If I know that I don't have any Kiasyd left in my crypt, and I have no
uncontrolled Kiasyd, can I still play this card for no effect?

I think yes, because a "search" effect doesn't ever have to guarantee
success, and the second part would simply fizzle.

Thank you.

librarian

Mar 6, 2010, 10:38:06 AM3/6/10
adding LSJ tag for Scott.

LSJ

Mar 6, 2010, 10:42:31 AM3/6/10
On Mar 6, 10:38 am, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> adding LSJ tag for Scott.

Thanks. The subject looked like a deck before.

Correct.