[LSJ] Torvus Bloodbeard

11 vues

Mochuda

non lue,
24 oct. 2003, 16:58:1424/10/2003
hi

it's my turn
i have the edge and control a ready tapped Torvus Bloodbeard
i have already use his special ability to untap him once

i plan to use his special ability during my prey's minion phase
but i'm afraid of him being ambushed so i want to do this really early

so my question is "do i have a special time window before anyone's minion
phase to use this special ability ?"

so what is the correct answer

a/ whatever happens i can always use this ability at the very beginning of a
minion phase and nobody will never ambush me HAHAHAHAHA !
b/ if my prey's first action is to ambush Torvus i'm completely fucked it's
too late
c/ if my prey's first action is not(ambush Torvus) i can use the special
ability to save him and laugh at my prey's poor choice

of course this applies to any other action that requires a tapped minion as
a target

Torvus Bloodbeard [Anarchs:U2]
Clan: Gangrel
Group: 3
Capacity: 9
Discipline: pot ANI FOR OBF PRO
Independent: During any Methuselah's minion phase, you may burn the Edge to
untap Torvus. +1 strength.

Ambush [Sabbat:C, SW:C/PB5/PL, FN:PA3, Anarchs:PAG2]
Cardtype: Action
(D) Enter combat with a ready tapped minion controlled by another
Methuselah. The acting minion gets an optional maneuver during this combat.

thx
Mochuda

Reyda

non lue,
24 oct. 2003, 17:12:5424/10/2003

"Mochuda" <moc...@arfe.netNOSPAM> wrote in message

> hi
>
> it's my turn
> i have the edge and control a ready tapped Torvus Bloodbeard
> i have already use his special ability to untap him once
>
> i plan to use his special ability during my prey's minion phase
> but i'm afraid of him being ambushed so i want to do this really early
>
> so my question is "do i have a special time window before anyone's minion
> phase to use this special ability ?"

the minion phases starts right after the master phase. So once your prey has
finished with his master and before he can declare any action, you can untap
torvus. So no ambush, Karsh or other rush the tapped guy stuff since Torvus
is untapped at the beginning of your preys minion phase.

voila =)

LSJ

non lue,
24 oct. 2003, 19:23:5324/10/2003
Mochuda wrote:
> hi
>
> it's my turn
> i have the edge and control a ready tapped Torvus Bloodbeard
> i have already use his special ability to untap him once
>
> i plan to use his special ability during my prey's minion phase
> but i'm afraid of him being ambushed so i want to do this really early
>
> so my question is "do i have a special time window before anyone's minion
> phase to use this special ability ?"

No. The ability can only be used during a minion phase, not before a
minion phase.

> so what is the correct answer
>
> a/ whatever happens i can always use this ability at the very beginning of a
> minion phase and nobody will never ambush me HAHAHAHAHA !

This is correct. Everyone gets to do the "between action" stuff before
moving on to the next (first) action.

> b/ if my prey's first action is to ambush Torvus i'm completely fucked it's
> too late
> c/ if my prey's first action is not(ambush Torvus) i can use the special
> ability to save him and laugh at my prey's poor choice

Also note:

d/ if your prey's first action is to ambush Torvus, you can burn the Edge
to untap him, making him an illegal target for Ambush and thus causing
Ambush to fizzle at resolution.

> of course this applies to any other action that requires a tapped minion as
> a target

Correct.

> Torvus Bloodbeard [Anarchs:U2]

> Independent: During any Methuselah's minion phase, you may burn the Edge to
> untap Torvus. +1 strength.
>
> Ambush [Sabbat:C, SW:C/PB5/PL, FN:PA3, Anarchs:PAG2]

> (D) Enter combat with a ready tapped minion controlled by another
> Methuselah. The acting minion gets an optional maneuver during this combat.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message