LSJ

0 vue

Cartman

non lue,
21 janv. 2002, 13:54:1021/01/2002
Can I use the maneuver granted by a weapon used by a Ghoul Retainer I'm
equipped with?

Thanx

Flux

non lue,
21 janv. 2002, 16:24:0621/01/2002
"Cartman" <federi...@libero.it> wrote in

> Can I use the maneuver granted by a weapon used by a Ghoul Retainer I'm
> equipped with?

For a minion to use the maneuver from a weapon he has to strike with that
weapon, preventing the Ghoul Retainer from using that weapon. You can't
use the maneuver from two different weapons either since then you'd have
to strike with both in one strike, which is impossible.

Short answer: No. :-)

Flux

LSJ

non lue,
21 janv. 2002, 18:22:3021/01/2002

Correct. (Cartman: use subject lines to indicate the subject of the post).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Matt

non lue,
22 janv. 2002, 01:20:1922/01/2002
"Cartman" <federi...@libero.it> wrote in message news:<mtZ28.22891$ly.7...@twister1.libero.it>...

> Can I use the maneuver granted by a weapon used by a Ghoul Retainer I'm
> equipped with?
>
> Thanx

Now that I've noticed someone else mentioning the ghoul retainer I'd
just like to go, wow it really doesn't count as making a strike? So
it can use a flamethrower to do a hit, that can't be dodged? Even
during an Immortal grapple? Heck even with a Drawn out Beast. And
the ghoul will still fire even if his controller was sent to torpor
with first strike? Plus the hit can't be stopped by most fortitude
cards, those that only effect stikes. He does cost 2 pool, and he's
unique, but still it seems like he's getting better and better. Heck
he's more fearsome in combat than most vampires!

Wisefool
Mercuriel

Reyda

non lue,
22 janv. 2002, 04:24:5222/01/2002

"Matt" <mathi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Cartman" <federi...@libero.it> wrote in message
> > Can I use the maneuver granted by a weapon used by a Ghoul Retainer I'm
> > equipped with?
> >
> > Thanx
>
> Now that I've noticed someone else mentioning the ghoul retainer I'd
> just like to go, wow it really doesn't count as making a strike?

it's different from your employing minion strike, yes.

> So
> it can use a flamethrower to do a hit, that can't be dodged?

Yes.

> Even
> during an Immortal grapple? Heck even with a Drawn out Beast.

yes and yes. Isn't that nice ? =)

> And
> the ghoul will still fire even if his controller was sent to torpor
> with first strike?

Nope. the ghoul and the employing vampire "share" the same strike
resolution. If you strike with first strike, so does your ghoul. If you are
hit with first strike and send to torpor, your ghoul won't hit your opponent
either.

> Plus the hit can't be stopped by most fortitude
> cards, those that only effect stikes.

Skin of Rock, Flesh of marble, Hidden strength, Resilience, Apparition (...)
will still hose your ghoul strike easily.

> He does cost 2 pool, and he's
> unique

no, a ghoul retainer is not unique. you can have multiples in play, even
many on the same vampire.

> but still it seems like he's getting better and better. Heck
> he's more fearsome in combat than most vampires!

Let's say your opponent faces multiple opponents instead of only one. ;)

reyda

hamdamcwa

non lue,
22 janv. 2002, 04:45:5222/01/2002
> Now that I've noticed someone else mentioning the ghoul retainer I'd
> just like to go, wow it really doesn't count as making a strike? So
> it can use a flamethrower to do a hit, that can't be dodged? Even
> during an Immortal grapple? Heck even with a Drawn out Beast. And
> the ghoul will still fire even if his controller was sent to torpor
> with first strike? Plus the hit can't be stopped by most fortitude
> cards, those that only effect stikes. He does cost 2 pool, and he's
> unique, but still it seems like he's getting better and better. Heck
> he's more fearsome in combat than most vampires!

Just wait 'till yer tool up with 3 or 4 GRs.... 6 - 8 agg!!!

Oh, and try it with a bomb and Flesh of Marble as well...

DH

LSJ

non lue,
22 janv. 2002, 06:20:5022/01/2002
Reyda wrote:
> "Matt" <mathi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > And
> > the ghoul will still fire even if his controller was sent to torpor
> > with first strike?
>
> Nope. the ghoul and the employing vampire "share" the same strike
> resolution. If you strike with first strike, so does your ghoul. If you are
> hit with first strike and send to torpor, your ghoul won't hit your opponent
> either.

Not quite. The Ghoul uses the weapon during the normal (non-First Strike)
strike resolution, regardless of what his employer does. If the employer
goes to torpor from the opponent's First Strike strike, then combat ends
before the Ghoul can do anything, as you say, though.

Halcyan 2

non lue,
22 janv. 2002, 06:27:3722/01/2002

You gotta watch out for those Weather Controls though. A pair of WC's will make
easy work of those 4 Ghouls. =P

Halcyan 2

Reyda

non lue,
22 janv. 2002, 09:09:0222/01/2002

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Reyda wrote:
> > "Matt" <mathi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > And
> > > the ghoul will still fire even if his controller was sent to torpor
> > > with first strike?
> >
> > Nope. the ghoul and the employing vampire "share" the same strike
> > resolution. If you strike with first strike, so does your ghoul. If you
are
> > hit with first strike and send to torpor, your ghoul won't hit your
opponent
> > either.
>
> Not quite. The Ghoul uses the weapon during the normal (non-First Strike)
> strike resolution, regardless of what his employer does. If the employer
> goes to torpor from the opponent's First Strike strike, then combat ends
> before the Ghoul can do anything, as you say, though.

thank you very much for the clarification, as usual.

reyda

0 nouveau message