Agent of Power and non-standard-playing

Jozxyqk

Oct 1, 2007, 11:35:56 AM10/1/07
If one of my vampires diablerizes, and I dig up Agent of Power as
his discipline cards, do I get to assign a discipline to it, or
only when it's played as normal?

This carries over to any non-standard-playing of a skillcard:
Deviki Presanta, Path of Death and the Soul, the new Setite whose
name I don't remember...

...and with Bima*, Shock Troops, Legion?

Does it burn at end of turn in any/all those cases? (Shock Troops
and Legion in particular are specific that they create non-unique
vampires who just "have" that discipline but don't refer to the
rest of the card text)

* If it does indeed let you choose a discipline for Bima, and the
card burns, then Bima's card text does not say he loses access to
the discipline if the card burns, so you can create an army of
Bimas with crazy disciplines and Anthelios to recycle the single
Agent of Power.

LSJ

Oct 1, 2007, 1:25:10 PM10/1/07
Jozxyqk wrote:
> If one of my vampires diablerizes, and I dig up Agent of Power as
> his discipline cards, do I get to assign a discipline to it, or
> only when it's played as normal?

Assign.

> This carries over to any non-standard-playing of a skillcard:
> Deviki Presanta, Path of Death and the Soul, the new Setite whose
> name I don't remember...

Yes.

> ....and with Bima*, Shock Troops, Legion?

Yes. No. No.

If the skill card is used as a placeholder to represent something else, then its
text doesn't apply (including the "unique" part, too). So the Shock Troops
vampire would simply be a 1-cap Sabbat with no clan and no Disciplines.
Similarly for the fledging Legion (clanned, appropriately sected).

> Does it burn at end of turn in any/all those cases? (Shock Troops
> and Legion in particular are specific that they create non-unique
> vampires who just "have" that discipline but don't refer to the
> rest of the card text)

If it represents something else, then its in-play effect ("burn me") text
doesn't apply (so it doesn't burn).

> * If it does indeed let you choose a discipline for Bima, and the
> card burns, then Bima's card text does not say he loses access to
> the discipline if the card burns, so you can create an army of
> Bimas with crazy disciplines and Anthelios to recycle the single
> Agent of Power.

True.
A more intuitive version of Bima's card text may be printed later, but for now,
go nuts.

librarian

Oct 1, 2007, 3:58:49 PM10/1/07
LSJ wrote:
> Jozxyqk wrote:
>> If one of my vampires diablerizes, and I dig up Agent of Power as
>> his discipline cards, do I get to assign a discipline to it, or
>> only when it's played as normal?

.
.
.
.

>> * If it does indeed let you choose a discipline for Bima, and the
>> card burns, then Bima's card text does not say he loses access to the
>> discipline if the card burns, so you can create an army of
>> Bimas with crazy disciplines and Anthelios to recycle the single
>> Agent of Power.
>
> True.
> A more intuitive version of Bima's card text may be printed later, but
> for now, go nuts.

Yes, Bima's with Obeah getting using Spirit Marionette and Repulsion.

best -

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
http://stores.ebay.com/superfuncards/

Frederick Scott

Oct 1, 2007, 7:47:39 PM10/1/07
"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Jozxyqk wrote:
>> * If it does indeed let you choose a discipline for Bima, and the
>> card burns, then Bima's card text does not say he loses access to the discipline if the card burns, so you can create an army of
>> Bimas with crazy disciplines and Anthelios to recycle the single
>> Agent of Power.
>
> True.
> A more intuitive version of Bima's card text may be printed later, but for now, go nuts.

Heh! LSJ's beginning to sound like a worn-out parent: given up trying to
discipline the kids to hang up their jackets and has now resigned himself
to keeping them out of Federal prison. ;-)

Fred

Baaliprimogen

Oct 10, 2007, 9:20:01 AM10/10/07
On 1 Okt, 19:25, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> If the skill card is used as a placeholder to represent something else, then its
> text doesn't apply (including the "unique" part, too). So the Shock Troops
> vampire would simply be a 1-cap Sabbat with no clan and no Disciplines.
> Similarly for the fledging Legion (clanned, appropriately sected).

So a legion agent of power is a disciplineless feldgling?

LSJ

Oct 10, 2007, 9:21:50 AM10/10/07

Yes.