Deckless with Shilmulo Tarot

jnew...@difsol.com

Apr 29, 2005, 8:34:23 PM4/29/05
Just to make clear:

Shilmulo Tarot reads "If this Ravnos is ready and you should draw a
card from your library, you may draw one of these cards instead."

If I'm deckless and below hand size, I'm constantly in a state of
"should draw a card from my library", so I can wait and draw cards off
Shilmulo whenever I want to? Like waiting until someone attempts to
block me and then "top-decking" a stealth off the Tarot or something?

John

Frederick Scott

Apr 29, 2005, 10:05:33 PM4/29/05

<jnew...@difsol.com> wrote in message

My guess would be that you only have the option to draw a card when you
actually play a card. Of course, that would beg the question of whether
you could decline to draw a card when you're at six cards and then when
you play another card and choose to draw a Shimulo Tarot card, draw
another one and go all the back up to seven. This might create weird
situations like the ability to withdraw with a full hand. I'm not sure
any of the situations would be considered degenerate, but still...

IANLSJ and all of this is just wild-assed speculating. Should be
interesting to discover what the answer turns out to be.

Fred

LSJ

Apr 29, 2005, 10:10:25 PM4/29/05

Yes, exactly. You're in a continual state of "should draw a
card" (until you achieve your hand size again).

--
LSJ (vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (remove spam trap to reply)
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Frederick Scott

Apr 29, 2005, 10:18:00 PM4/29/05

"LSJ" <vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message news:4272E916...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com...

> jnew...@difsol.com wrote:
>> Just to make clear:
>>
>> Shilmulo Tarot reads "If this Ravnos is ready and you should draw a
>> card from your library, you may draw one of these cards instead."
>>
>> If I'm deckless and below hand size, I'm constantly in a state of
>> "should draw a card from my library", so I can wait and draw cards off
>> Shilmulo whenever I want to? Like waiting until someone attempts to
>> block me and then "top-decking" a stealth off the Tarot or something?
>
> Yes, exactly. You're in a continual state of "should draw a
> card" (until you achieve your hand size again).

So you _could_ withdraw with a full hand? That is, not redraw just before
your untap phase, declare to withdraw, draw, continue to draw as needed
from ST, and ultimately succeed at withdrawing.

Not that it bothers me. Just a bit strange.

Fred

reyda

Apr 30, 2005, 3:09:54 AM4/30/05
Frederick Scott a écrit :

why should it be strange ?
at the time you declare the withdraw, remember that your library is empty.
how different is it from declaring a withdraw and then having Pochtli
put 2 cards back in your library so you can draw them back ?

LSJ

Apr 30, 2005, 7:40:38 AM4/30/05
Frederick Scott wrote:
> "LSJ" <vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message news:4272E916...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com...
>>Yes, exactly. You're in a continual state of "should draw a
>>card" (until you achieve your hand size again).
>
> So you _could_ withdraw with a full hand? That is, not redraw just before
> your untap phase, declare to withdraw, draw, continue to draw as needed
> from ST, and ultimately succeed at withdrawing.

Yes.

> Not that it bothers me. Just a bit strange.

Frederick Scott

Apr 30, 2005, 12:12:58 PM4/30/05

"reyda" <true_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Frederick Scott a écrit :

>> So you _could_ withdraw with a full hand?

>> Not that it bothers me. Just a bit strange.

> why should it be strange ?

Normally, if you are trying to withdraw, you have less than a full
hand size at all times. (Mind you, I just said it was a _bit_
strange - not "MAJOR WEIRD" or anything.)

> how different is it from declaring a withdraw and then having Pochtli put 2 cards back in your library so you can draw them back ?

I guess it's not. I wasn't remembering Pochtli existed or that
this issue had been visited before.

Fred