Emergency Preparations and Thirst questions

Stone

Feb 8, 2009, 11:00:12 AM2/8/09
yet other questions arising from the "new" Madness Network, post-KoT.

A Meth has 3 vampires A (1-cap), B (1-cap) and C (8-cap). Thirst and another
Gehenna are in play.

A hunts.
B does nothing.
C takes an action and ends up tapped with 0 blood.

The Meth says he's done with actions. Thirst kicks in, B loses a blood.
1/ Can the Meth now play Emergency Preparations to untap C ?
2/ If the answer is yes, is C forced to hunt now ?

Prior to the change brought to Madness Network by KoT, it was possible to do
it and avoid the hunt, à la Rutor's Hand. Now I'm unsure if it's still
possible.
thanks
Stone

Name: Emergency Preparations
[Gehenna:C]
Cardtype: Master
Master: out-of-turn.
Burn 1 pool to cancel a Gehenna card as it is played. Alternatively, if
there are at least two Gehenna cards in play, you may play this card during
your minion phase to untap a vampire with a capacity above 7.
Artist: David Day

Name: Thirst
[Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna.
After a Methuselah has finished all of his or her minion phase actions, each
ready vampire he or she controls with capacity less than the number of
Gehenna cards in play who did not hunt in that minion phase burns 1 blood.
Artist: Randy Asplund

LSJ

Feb 8, 2009, 12:19:43 PM2/8/09
Stone wrote:
> yet other questions arising from the "new" Madness Network, post-KoT.
>
> A Meth has 3 vampires A (1-cap), B (1-cap) and C (8-cap). Thirst and another
> Gehenna are in play.
>
> A hunts.
> B does nothing.
> C takes an action and ends up tapped with 0 blood.
>
> The Meth says he's done with actions. Thirst kicks in, B loses a blood.

No. Thirst kicks in when all pass, marking the end of minion phase.

> 1/ Can the Meth now play Emergency Preparations to untap C ?

No, not after all pass.

> 2/ If the answer is yes, is C forced to hunt now ?

Moot. But if EP is tapped instead of passing, then yes, C must hunt.

Stone

Feb 9, 2009, 8:49:39 AM2/9/09

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message de

> > > 1/ Can the Meth now play Emergency Preparations to untap C ?
>
> No, not after all pass.

I overlooked the "between actions" stuff in the scenario, so here goes :
A Meth has 3 vampires A (4-cap with 1 blood and Rutor's Hand), B (1-cap) and

C (8-cap). Thirst and another
Gehenna are in play.

A performs an action that costs a blood and ends up tapped and empty.

B does nothing.
C takes an action and ends up tapped with 0 blood.

The Meth says he's done with actions. All other Meths declare no actions (no
Madness Network / Enkil Cog action).

* question 1 : then the acting Meth still has the opportunity to do "between
actions" stuff, right ? "stuff" meaning the acting Meth could still use
Heidelberg Castle, use a Barren, untap with Rutor's Hand, whatever. You can
use Heidelberg during the minion phase and before the 1st action, so I
assume you can equally use Heidelberg/Rutor's after your last action but
still during the minion phase (I could be wrong, that would make some of the
other questions moot).

If it's possible, let's say A untaps with Rutor's Hand.
The acting Meth also plays Emergency Preparations, leaving C untapped and
empty.

Even though all players declared no more actions, we now have 2 untapped and
empty vamps.

* question 2 : so I guess they now are forced to hunt, i.e. the mandatory
actions that just "popped" override the fact that the Meth passed,
action-wise ?

* question 3 : at any rate, no player could gain back the opportunity to
perform a non-mandatory action ?

* question 4 : and Thirst would only kick in when all players not only
passed regarding actions, but also passed regarding the "between actions"
stuff (EP, Rutor's, Barren) ?

* question 5 (not related to the previous scenario) : once all players
declare "no more actions" but someone, who is not the acting Meth, uses a
"between actions" effect (Heidelberg), does the acting Meth gain back the
opportunity to perform an action ? (I guess not, the acting Meth would only
gain the opportunity to use a "between actions" effect).

thanks
Stone

LSJ

Feb 9, 2009, 8:51:21 AM2/9/09
Stone wrote:
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message de
>> No, not after all pass.
>>

> I overlooked the "between actions" stuff in the scenario, so here goes :
> A Meth has 3 vampires A (4-cap with 1 blood and Rutor's Hand), B (1-cap) and
> C (8-cap). Thirst and another
> Gehenna are in play.
> A performs an action that costs a blood and ends up tapped and empty.
> B does nothing.
> C takes an action and ends up tapped with 0 blood.

After that action, there's the usual spot for "not during actions" stuff.
In this case: all pass. I'll refer to this as step X below.

> The Meth says he's done with actions.

Technically, the Meth says "pass" (he's not declaring an action at this time).

> All other Meths declare no actions (no
> Madness Network / Enkil Cog action).

All pass, OK.

> * question 1 : then the acting Meth still has the opportunity to do "between
> actions" stuff, right ?

No. Not after all pass.

> "stuff" meaning the acting Meth could still use
> Heidelberg Castle, use a Barren, untap with Rutor's Hand, whatever. You can
> use Heidelberg during the minion phase and before the 1st action, so I
> assume you can equally use Heidelberg/Rutor's after your last action but
> still during the minion phase (I could be wrong, that would make some of the
> other questions moot).

Could have used it after what turned out to be the last action (step X above).

But, by the set up you've given, the Meth passed instead.

Snip moot q's.